Windows 10: Microsft store/Delivary optimization downloading unwanted data

Discus and support Microsft store/Delivary optimization downloading unwanted data in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; to get this 300MB update, delivery optimization has downloaded more than 2GB of data. The extra data is not for windows updates either. i checked... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Tremito, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Tremito Win User

Microsft store/Delivary optimization downloading unwanted data

to get this 300MB update, delivery optimization has downloaded more than 2GB of data. The extra data is not for windows updates either. i checked before updating the app. windows had no new windows updates because i updated windows before trying to update the game. This happens every time i try to update the game. it always uses 5 to 6 times more data than the update, which i have to pay.

:)

Tremito, Jun 8, 2021

2. delivery optimization is consuming too much data

Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization (DoSvc), so i did the following:

• disabled delivery optimization in windows setting.( didn't work)
    • disabled " allow downloads from other pc" (didn't work)
    • disabled delivery optimization service in service.msc ( worked but after the next boot up it came back again)
    • disabled automatic update in window and windows store. ( didn't work)
    • used windows firewall for delivery optimization to stop accessing the network ( it worked but it restricted my whole computer to use network, including browsers, i dont know why is that?)
    • used every other tutorial available on internet, but this DoSvc is not in mood of saving my data bill

and yes, I have updated my windows to most latest version ( perhaps it is what causing the problem) so don't suggest me to update.

please help!

SHUBHAMMAURYA4, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Microsft store/Delivary optimization downloading unwanted data

Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Microsft store/Delivary optimization downloading unwanted data

1. Microsft store/Delivary optimization downloading unwanted data - Similar Threads - Microsft store Delivary

2. Microsft store Not loding in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsft store Not loding in.: Hello Internet! i have windows 11 pro on a dell laptop, i had an issue where it would not install but now it wont load up so i cant check it stays on this screen: It has been on it for more that 30+ mins...
  3. microsft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsft store: i have been experiencing troubles with downloading call of duty infinite warfare. i only have 12gbs of storage left on my device i was trying to use an external hardrive to download this but every time i select the drive and click install it the install button goes grey but...
  4. microsft store

microsft store: microsoft store updating microsoft office desktop app continuously when check on get updates in Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-store/eb264d02-6338-4ee8-b2a5-8b29e00d108d
  5. Microsft store is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsft store is broken: I am unable to launch microsoft store. When i click the app nothing happens. The app is not listed in the settings. Wsreset does not work it just shows i will need new app to download it and i have nothing to choose. Insgalling via powershell also does not work. Microsoft...
  6. Microsft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsft store: Hello, I went to MS Store and searched Adobe Photoshop, then Lightroom. When I clicked on 'get,' a redirect happened and it said 'You own this app.' When I click install, the button gets pressed, but the installation doesn't start. I pressed the button many times after that...
  7. Microsft store apps aren't downloading

Microsft store apps aren't downloading: I'm trying to download microsoft to do app on my windows 10 laptop. It doesn't work, no matter how many times I close and open the store or how many times I restart my laptop. I click the install button and.... literally nothing happens. I can download microsft to do app on...
  8. Microsft FSX download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsft FSX download: How can you download micrsoft flight simulator X? I don't have a disc drive, so trying to download online. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-fsx-download/43e2f85d-9724-485d-b66a-3a7257bb0dc9"
  9. microsft store apps

microsft store apps: microsoft photos app backward and forward button is missing from my laptop in windows 10 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-store-apps/8cb0bec8-7551-4679-b524-c5e23589f813
  10. Microsft store is not starting

Microsft store is not starting: Hi, My Microsoft store is not starting I have tries all the solution those were posted in community. Please tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-store-is-not-starting/4ca15606-45e5-4c78-9c82-570a88fa0bff"