Windows 10: Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

Discus and support Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can Microsoft just auto update without warning and remove everything! Yes i have now switched off auto update with new system but at some time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ColleenBrien, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

How can Microsoft just auto update without warning and remove everything! Yes i have now switched off auto update with new system but at some time it has to go back on again and will i end up with the same problem?

There must be thousands of people out there around the world that can not solve these sort of problems - we know from elderly relatives apart from younger people who have no chance.

:)

ColleenBrien, Aug 10, 2019
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Pictures in People

Hi,

To help you resolve this issue with the People app, please perform the following steps to see if your computer is updated:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.
    Keep us posted.

Dennis Mop, Aug 10, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

Has windows 10 wrecked anyone elses computer?

Are you saying that you bought a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed, and an update 'wrecked' your computer? If that's the case you need to ask yourself a question I often ask myself: what am I doing wrong?

Updates cause problems for these reasons:

• The hardware isn't compatible with Windows 10 - which is not your problem if you bought a computer with Windows 10 pre-installed.
    • An incorrectly configured copy of Windows was upgraded - again, not your problem if your PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed.
    • Unwise configuration changes were made to the computer. That will definitely cause trouble for an update, because updates expect to find a supported configuration.
    You can have a brand new computer and cause all kinds of problems for yourself with just a few clicks. (I know, because I've done it myself.)

BulldogXX, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

1. Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers - Similar Threads - Microsft updates wrecking

2. Can I import people from People App on another computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I import people from People App on another computer?: For some reason the people in the People App on my desktop disappeared. Those on my laptop are still present. Is there some way I can get them from the laptop to desktop? Both machines run under the same MS account. Thank you. 132644
  3. microsft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsft account: I have two different machines running windows 10 using the same Microsoft account, both have different data, can I change the account on one without losing any data on both....
  4. Microsft Pro screen not detaching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsft Pro screen not detaching: Does anyone know how to detach a surface pro screen when it refuses to detach. The Notebook is fully charged yet the release button keep saying please charge now. Very annoying...
  5. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates wreck my installed drivers: Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad, the Bluetooth, the wireless, or the sound drivers causing me to uninstall and reinstall from the proven drivers I store on a...
  6. microsft store apps

microsft store apps: microsoft photos app backward and forward button is missing from my laptop in windows 10 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-store-apps/8cb0bec8-7551-4679-b524-c5e23589f813
  7. Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop: So our Xmas was royally (insert expletives) due to Microsoft NOT enforcing a Change freeze and forcing 1809 down on our machine. We suffered a normal various % failures and hangs, great release team you morons have. then on Christmas Day total failure... desktop corrupt files...
  8. Microsft store is not starting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsft store is not starting: Hi, My Microsoft store is not starting I have tries all the solution those were posted in community. Please tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-store-is-not-starting/4ca15606-45e5-4c78-9c82-570a88fa0bff"
  9. Microsft Egde HyperLink Association.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsft Egde HyperLink Association.: Hi In Edge phone numbers are converted to HyperLinks prefixed with Tel:// The first time I clicked on it opened in the phonedial app, not it opens chrome. Any way I can reset this or force it to open with phonedial.exe ? Thanks 36198
  10. Microsoft People app update

Microsoft People app update: Now available on store. I updated manually and it seemed to go in ok first time 42695