Windows 10: Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

Discus and support Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can Microsoft just auto update without warning and remove everything! Yes i have now switched off auto update with new system but at some time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ColleenBrien, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

How can Microsoft just auto update without warning and remove everything! Yes i have now switched off auto update with new system but at some time it has to go back on again and will i end up with the same problem?

There must be thousands of people out there around the world that can not solve these sort of problems - we know from elderly relatives apart from younger people who have no chance.

:)

ColleenBrien, Aug 10, 2019
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Pictures in People

Hi,

To help you resolve this issue with the People app, please perform the following steps to see if your computer is updated:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.
    Keep us posted.

Dennis Mop, Aug 10, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

Has windows 10 wrecked anyone elses computer?

Are you saying that you bought a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed, and an update 'wrecked' your computer? If that's the case you need to ask yourself a question I often ask myself: what am I doing wrong?

Updates cause problems for these reasons:

• The hardware isn't compatible with Windows 10 - which is not your problem if you bought a computer with Windows 10 pre-installed.
    • An incorrectly configured copy of Windows was upgraded - again, not your problem if your PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed.
    • Unwise configuration changes were made to the computer. That will definitely cause trouble for an update, because updates expect to find a supported configuration.
    You can have a brand new computer and cause all kinds of problems for yourself with just a few clicks. (I know, because I've done it myself.)

BulldogXX, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers

1. Microsft updates wrecking peoples computers - Similar Threads - Microsft updates wrecking

2. how to microsft version update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to microsft version update: the new verson is not downloded and cannot be updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-microsft-version-update/15b54b3f-ad41-4e57-af70-7f626e092db9
  3. how to microsft version update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to microsft version update: the new verson is not downloded and cannot be updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-microsft-version-update/15b54b3f-ad41-4e57-af70-7f626e092db9
  4. Update 20H2 wrecks my machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 20H2 wrecks my machine: Last night, even though I’d switched off updates and put my computer to ‘sleep’, MS unilaterally decided to reboot and apply version 20H2, the update I’d been trying to avoid. This has wrecked my machine twice before, so I'd turned off the update. This morning again, nothing...
  5. Update wrecking havoc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update wrecking havoc: Hi everyone. I just did a window update (feature update to Windows 10, version 2004). Ever since I completed it my computer has been a nightmare to use. It keeps changing my unlock ability from a pin to a password, logs me out of websites (I use Chrome) even though I keep...
  6. June 2020 update wrecked my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    June 2020 update wrecked my computer: My computer is fairly new, paid quite a bit for it (around £700) and after an update in June, it’s completely totalled my computer. Startup takes about an hour+ and disk usage is at 100%. I disabled sysmain and that worked for a bit but now it’s reverted back to being slow....
  7. Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game: Every time Gears 5 needs an update I open the Windows Store & go to downloads. The update freezes early in the process & never continues to download. The last time this happened I had to reinstall the entire game in order to get it working again & I don't want to keep doing...
  8. Why did the new windows 10 update wreck my computer?

Why did the new windows 10 update wreck my computer?: I did the latest update and now my computer's display isn't right. It restarts in a much lower resolution (sometimes has a new purple or red start up screen) but before I can attempt to troubleshoot, it will always go into sleep mode with no way of waking back up. This...
  9. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates wreck my installed drivers: Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad, the Bluetooth, the wireless, or the sound drivers causing me to uninstall and reinstall from the proven drivers I store on a...
  10. Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop

Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop: So our Xmas was royally (insert expletives) due to Microsoft NOT enforcing a Change freeze and forcing 1809 down on our machine. We suffered a normal various % failures and hangs, great release team you morons have. then on Christmas Day total failure... desktop corrupt files...