Windows 10: "Microsof Account Problem" pop-up message: what action is required?

Discus and support "Microsof Account Problem" pop-up message: what action is required? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get the following message appearing occasionally on my screen, apparently at random. It appears bottom right of the screen, stays for 20 seconds then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by terryfw, Sep 10, 2020.

1. terryfw Win User

"Microsof Account Problem" pop-up message: what action is required?

I get the following message appearing occasionally on my screen, apparently at random. It appears bottom right of the screen, stays for 20 seconds then disappears. It does not give me sufficient information to make me want to action it, and my system is performing correctly. The content seems incomplete and unprofessional to me so I am suspicious, but if it's not official how could it have got there?

Should I action it, ignore it, or find a way to permanently delete it?

Text white letters on grey background

Microsoft Account Problem

We need to fix your Microsoft account

your password has probably been changed

Select here to fix it in the

Shared experiences settings

:)

terryfw, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Bastet Win User

Accounts-Your email and accounts: Attention required - but what?

I have had that error when adding an email account which has 2-step authentication, I required an app specific password, once entered the error message disappeared.

Bastet, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. "Microsof Account Problem" pop-up message: what action is required? - Similar Threads - Microsof Account Problem

2. pop up message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  3. Incessant Microsoft account problem pop-up message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incessant Microsoft account problem pop-up message: I keep getting the damn annoying Microsoft account problem pop-up message over and over. I have scoured the internet and tried everything that anyone has suggested but it just WONT go away. I feel like I am being harassed and stalked its that persistent.Short of reinstalling...
  4. Message pops ups

Message pops ups: A message pops up every time I start my computer. The message being the following ''Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PortraitDisplays.HPDisplayControl_4.6.44.0_x64_2dg...\Startup Task.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.''...
  5. wifi problem action required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi problem action required: Hello ALL, after update windows, when i connected to wifi, it sent a notification action required and open a page on google chrome then i can use internet but other app which require internet to work, can not connnect to internet....
  6. Seeing the Microsoft account problem pop-up message. Scam or Not?

Seeing the Microsoft account problem pop-up message. Scam or Not?: I just logged onto my laptop I have windows 10. I had a pop-up message saying- "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your microsoft account. (Most likely your password changed). select here to fix it in shared experiences settings." I do not know if this is a scam or...
  7. POP up message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POP up message: why do I keep getting the following message? C:\Windows\Systems32\cmd.exe with a black box screen in the background what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/4da6dc13-7dc6-44bd-91d7-f9d1816e05e2
  8. Microsoft account problem pop-up message

Microsoft account problem pop-up message: I just logged onto my laptop I have windows 10. I had a pop-up message saying Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your microsoft account. (Most likely your password changed). select here to fix it in shared experiences settings. I do not know if this is a scam or it...
  9. Make a program pop up when action required

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Make a program pop up when action required: Hi, im just wondering is there any way i can make a program pop up when action is required? Like i have 2 VM's running and want to minimize them instead of having them open on the screen and taking up space.Unity mode is fine but they are still on the screen. It would be...
  10. Disable Windows 10 - Action Center - Pop Up Messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Windows 10 - Action Center - Pop Up Messages: Hi folks,*Smile please can some one help me get rid of this most annoying problem. I have read threads online but the message keeps poping up*Mad I dont want windows action center messages - its been driving me round the bend all day long. I dont understand why windows...