Windows 10: MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer!

Discus and support MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 10.10.2019 ======= Before Version 19.03 I could work access my workgroup computers. Then I recieved another update and, since then, I have no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bonzadog, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Bonzadog Win User

MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer!

=======

Before Version 19.03 I could work access my workgroup computers. Then I recieved another update and, since then, I have no longer access to any workgroup computers.

I have tried all of the tips shown internet on this problem (making sure auto discovery is set etc etc) and killed the old

sharing and re-shared - all to no avail.

Apparently this is due to MS wanting us to us cloud data bases.

@MICROSOFT: Under no circumstances do I want to put my Data in a cloud. Especially in America that does not have the

stringent data protection as in the EU.

Can some one please assist , I need that workgroup connection!

Thank you.

Nigel Trewartha

:)

Bonzadog, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 10, 2019
  3. rtcary Win User
    After KB4058043, cannot access workgroup

Everything was working until I installed KB4058043. I do not know if that was a coincidence or not, but after the reboot, I cannot access any of the computers on my workgroup. I do use Kaspersky anti-virus (reinstalled it just in case).

I do see this:

MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS --   I cannot access my workgroup computer! [​IMG]

Internet is working on all of the computers.

Suggestions?

Todd

rtcary, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Dey5252 Win User

Home Workgroup

Hi all,

Trying to connect to my computer at from my cell phone, (I did it before) BUT this time, I forgot the username or the password.

At home, I clicked on Leave workgroup and restarted my computer.

I created new workgroup, but it will not ask me for a password.

I thought by doing so, I would create a new workgroup and a new password. It didn't work.

What would you advise me to do?

Did I miss a step or am I doing it the wrong way?

Your help is very appreciated.

Dey5252, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer! - Similar Threads - MICROSOF BRING WORKGROUPS

2. Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 Version 21H2, OS build 22000.258 on an older HP Envy notebook. Yes, I know, it's not a fully-compliant machine. However, when I try to connect to other computers in the same workgroup, I have issues. The workgroup name is set correctly, and...
  3. Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 Version 21H2, OS build 22000.258 on an older HP Envy notebook. Yes, I know, it's not a fully-compliant machine. However, when I try to connect to other computers in the same workgroup, I have issues. The workgroup name is set correctly, and...
  4. Workgroup access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup access: My desktop running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 connects to router via Ethernet. My laptop running Windows 10 Home 20H2 connects to router via WiFi. Both have been moved to the same novel workgroup name. On "This PC" under "Network", the laptop can see the desktop, but the desktop...
  5. Workgroups

Workgroups: how do I unjoin from a workgroup ? Somehow I am in a workgroup that I never recall joining and it is causing me problems. what can I do to remove my desktop from a workgroup?...
  6. Bring back Workgroup

Bring back Workgroup: I have 2 other PC's and now it keeps asking me for Workgroup credentials when I want to connect to them after the 1909 update. No matter what I try on the other end nothing works. Why change something that was working flawlessly....
  7. workgroup

workgroup: How do I setup a workgroup in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/workgroup/549ade62-03ff-435f-b64a-a53c87d620ee
  8. workgroup

workgroup: From a windows 10, Having trouble creating a workgroup with a windows 7. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/workgroup/5d5266c5-b447-4fe7-8324-104e5328d3d0
  9. After KB4058043, cannot access workgroup

After KB4058043, cannot access workgroup: Everything was working until I installed KB4058043. I do not know if that was a coincidence or not, but after the reboot, I cannot access any of the computers on my workgroup. I do use Kaspersky anti-virus (reinstalled it just in case). I do see this: [img]...
  10. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...