Windows 10: Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

Discus and support Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 22H2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus became disabled somehow while I was troubleshooting a GPU problem. At present, I cannot reactivate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Nickell, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

Windows 10 Home 22H2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus became disabled somehow while I was troubleshooting a GPU problem. At present, I cannot reactivate Windows Defender Antivirus. The on-off switch is grayed out under "Real time Protection" in Virus Threats and Protection Settings page. "Tamper Protection" on this page is also off and grayed out inoperable, so I cannot enable "Control Folder Access" which is off, and grayed out. I'm the sole user of this PC, and the Administrator, but Windows instructs me that only the Administrator can change these settings, or suggests I contact IT Helpdesk

:)

James Nickell, Nov 11, 2022

2. Windows Defender disables itself

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on Windows defender.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to inform you that if you have other antivirus on your computer, so Windows defender automatically

disable itself.

If you don’t have any other antivirus on computer then I would suggest you to check the services for Windows defender:

Steps:

• Close all application and program and reboot the computer.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type services.msc and press enter.

• From the list, you will see two services for Windows defender.

• Right click on both the services one at a time.

• Click on properties.

• Under general tab, select automatic from startup type.

• Click on start and then click on apply and then ok.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Nov 11, 2022
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Nov 11, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

1. Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled - Similar Threads - Microsof Defender Antivirus

2. Antivirus Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus Defender: I want to access my antivirus setting to make an exclusion however, when I want to, the antivirus page in settings says ' page not available please contact it help desk '. I've tried all the suggestions from YouTube such as deleting or changing a thing in regedit or changing...
  3. Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled: Windows 10 Home 22H2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus became disabled somehow while I was troubleshooting a GPU problem. At present, I cannot reactivate Windows Defender Antivirus. The on-off switch is grayed out under "Real time Protection" in Virus Threats and Protection...
  4. Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled: Windows 10 Home 22H2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus became disabled somehow while I was troubleshooting a GPU problem. At present, I cannot reactivate Windows Defender Antivirus. The on-off switch is grayed out under "Real time Protection" in Virus Threats and Protection...
  5. Defender Antivirus is disabled by IT admin

Defender Antivirus is disabled by IT admin: Hi i have a problem where I cant access the protection against viruses part of defender and it says that it was disabled by IT admin but I am the admin. What should i do?...
  6. Windows Defender's antivirus access disabled

Windows Defender's antivirus access disabled: Hi, I recently came upon 2 issues that came together or I noticed the second thanks to the first...Like many others have signaled, Windows Defenders now consider qBittorrent as a threat. I wanted to make an exception for the installation folder, but I discovered that I had no...
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam

Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam: Hello, Facing the following issue: When starting PC -> Defender is up and running; When starting Steam App-> Defender is up and running; When starting game via Steam -> Defender become disabled service stopped: WinDefend "Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service"; If try to...
  8. defender antivirus

defender antivirus: do I have defender antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-antivirus/033ca341-976c-444d-a07e-0a914293ce07
  9. Fully disabled Defender but "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" runs

Fully disabled Defender but "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" runs: I used the steps from here and elsewhere, to FULLY disable Windows Defender. well over a year ago. Mark my surprise, when I find that the "Antimalware Service executable" is eating up 25% of the processor power... I double checked everything from Group policy settings, to...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus will not disable from GPO

Windows Defender Antivirus will not disable from GPO: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer today, I was configuring the policies I use in the GPO. I found that Windows defender doesn't seem to respond to the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus. As when I check Windows security Windows defender is still enabled. I am running...