Windows 10: Microsof Family traceid error, no report and bug on Android smartphone app

Discus and support Microsof Family traceid error, no report and bug on Android smartphone app in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, i started to use the Microsoft Family service before 2 years ago through Microsoft Launcher, i manage to watch one android smartphone, and a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Apo_F, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Apo_F Win User

Microsof Family traceid error, no report and bug on Android smartphone app

Hello, i started to use the Microsoft Family service before 2 years ago through Microsoft Launcher, i manage to watch one android smartphone, and a laptop very well with my Windows 10 desktop PC, receiving the weekly reports from android device flawlessly and set time limits on apps/games.

All that stopped recently when Family Safety was separated from Microsoft Launcher!

I downloaded the Microsoft Family app on android smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T and i noticed on my Microsoft acoount, under games and apps limits, that the tab with Xiaomi phone is marked red with anexclamation mark. When i press on it i get the message "Unfortunately, there was a problem. We're not sure what happened, but refreshing the page might help or try again soon.
    TraceId: hkcRc1k9UEmrnaZy.3.65.16"

I uninstalled the Family Safety app from android smartphone and reinstalled it, i cleared the cache of the app, but nothing helped. Now i got four red tabs with the above message!

I tried with a fresh new Microsoft account for both mine and android smartphone but again ended with a red tab and same message.

As a result, I'm not receiving any more weekly report! I can though set time limits for apps/gamesbut if i navigate to app settings on the smartphone and press the "Force Stop" button,the time limits are off and the app continues to work. I tried this with Tik-Tok app and set a 15min usage time, after that, app keep closing,but when i force stopping it, it starts to work again!!!Another issue is that, when i first installed Microsoft Launcher when everything worked! the smartphone was an LG G3. Now that i've changed smartphone, the LG G3 tab is still present and i can't delete it since i don't use that smartphone any more. Also in the apps and games section there are present apps installed from both LG and Xiaomi device some are double. I don't know how to delete the old smartphone from appear there and the old apps!!!

Any help please?

:)

Apo_F, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 6, 2021
  4. farlex85 Win User

Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsof Family traceid error, no report and bug on Android smartphone app - Similar Threads - Microsof Family traceid

2. Family safety TraceId: 6JTmkVvRPEewlY6k.14.246

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety TraceId: 6JTmkVvRPEewlY6k.14.246: I have added my kid in Family Safery long ago. When I'm trying to edit his profile, I'm getting the following error message which is really annoying:"Sorry, something went wrong.We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little...
  3. Family safety TraceId: 6JTmkVvRPEewlY6k.14.246

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety TraceId: 6JTmkVvRPEewlY6k.14.246: I have added my kid in Family Safery long ago. When I'm trying to edit his profile, I'm getting the following error message which is really annoying:"Sorry, something went wrong.We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little...
  4. Microsoft Family Group Error TraceID: VNW0qGOZVEm7+Ou8.12.122

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group Error TraceID: VNW0qGOZVEm7+Ou8.12.122: I've made a previous post on this issue a few days ago, but have gotten no replies from anyone. I created a new family organizer account, but cannot add anyone to the family group because I keep getting error messages such as "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few...
  5. Microsoft Family Group Error TraceID: VNW0qGOZVEm7+Ou8.12.122

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Group Error TraceID: VNW0qGOZVEm7+Ou8.12.122: I've made a previous post on this issue a few days ago, but have gotten no replies from anyone. I created a new family organizer account, but cannot add anyone to the family group because I keep getting error messages such as "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few...
  6. Microsoft Family Group Error TraceID: VNW0qGOZVEm7+Ou8.12.122

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Family app does not report activity

Family app does not report activity: I have setup my kids profile and have access to all the settings via Family app and also via the regular web based account setups. The activity tracking is enabled. But after first initial couple of weeks of activity reporting, there is no activity recorded/reported. I know...
  8. Family Features App Bugged?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family Features App Bugged?: [ATTACH] So my Microsoft family features app keeps popping up and telling me to sign in, and when i do it closes and reopens again and i do it over and over. It won't go away and it's really annoying when I am trying to watch YouTube or do other things. I can't close it...
  9. Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect Android smartphone to PC: Dear support, I am running Windows 10 Pro N Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746 on my PC. When I connect my smartphone Android 10, it does not show up in my Windows Explorer. In the Device Manager under "Other Devices" i can see that my MTP driver is not installed. I get the...
  10. Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety: Hi there, I have family safety installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10e assigned to a Microsoft account, which is also signed in on a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are using Edge as their browser. The laptop is reporting the activity fine, but the Galaxy device is not reporting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Family safety.microsof