Windows 10: Microsoft 10 is now requiring me to put in a password?

Discus and support Microsoft 10 is now requiring me to put in a password? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a password, I created it when I first built the computer years ago, however I have always had it set to "Never" require. It is still set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardRoo1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Microsoft 10 is now requiring me to put in a password?

I have a password, I created it when I first built the computer years ago, however I have always had it set to "Never" require.

It is still set to never. Last night after coming out of sleep it asked for my password, which actually made me panic for a bit because its been years since I even created it, Long story short I got back in, went to setting to see if for some reason the setting requiring a password perhaps got changed. Nope still set to Never.

Now coming home from work, took the computer out of sleep and yep requiring a password? what gives have I been infected with a virus? I ran scans nothing is showing up?

:)

RichardRoo1, Jul 10, 2019

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Do Not Require Password Settings don't work on Windows 10

I have been looking at the different questions and answers on How to disable startup password in Windows 10.

I have tried all of the suggestions with no luck. What Now?

Longfeather1QJ, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Microsoft 10 is now requiring me to put in a password?

Attention Required: Windows Live 2 password is incorrect

Hi PIUPZ,

Thanks for Posting to the Microsoft Answers forums! In addition to the steps Jay provided, one other suggestion I want to call out before resetting your phone is to check if Two Step Verification has been enabled on your Microsoft account.

Under the section Two-step verification, if you see that you are given the option to Set up two-step verification, please enable it the disable it (or leave it enabled if you prefer). If you see a link Turn off two-step verification, you will need to
    create an app password to enter in on your phone:

• Click on Create a new app password under App passwords
    • Enter your app password in the password field
    After reviewing these settings, go back to the phone and manually sync your account (and update your password if necessary). You can sync the account by tapping
    Settings > Email + Accounts then tap and hold your account for the
    Sync option.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Greg

Gregory A., Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft 10 is now requiring me to put in a password?

1. Microsoft 10 is now requiring me to put in a password? - Similar Threads - Microsoft requiring put

2. Why isn't my computer requiring me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my computer requiring me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep?: I want my computer to require me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep or hibernate. The option in settings called, "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" is greyed out, so I enabled it in Group Policy Editor. I went to Computer...
  3. Why isn't my computer requiring me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my computer requiring me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep?: I want my computer to require me to put in a password when it wakes up from sleep or hibernate. The option in settings called, "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" is greyed out, so I enabled it in Group Policy Editor. I went to Computer...
  4. Help Me !! What to put in the Password in Sign In column.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help Me !! What to put in the Password in Sign In column.: Hi All,After giving the correct password in Sign in section , it is asking me for the password for the last time column or option. Any help please....
  5. Help Me !! What to put in the Password in Sign In column.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Me !! What to put in the Password in Sign In column.: Hi All,After giving the correct password in Sign in section , it is asking me for the password for the last time column or option. Any help please....
  6. Help Me !! What to put in the Password in Sign In column.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. user account requiring username and password now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user account requiring username and password now: Curious. For many months when I turn on my laptop I have entered a four-digit PIN. Recently I did something and now my computer starts by asking me to enter a username and password. If I hit "OK" then I see to the lower left the names of two user accounts (they are...
  8. Windows 10 now requiring password instead of PIN

Windows 10 now requiring password instead of PIN: Windows 10 Professional Version 1903, OS build 18362.295 – Intel Core i5-6500T, 16GB DDR4 PIN has been established, recognized and saved. Up until a short while ago I had been able to sign on after a startup, reboot or waking from sleep. I don’t mind this benign extra...
  9. Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password

Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password: Hi, I have just formatted my computer. After I have finished, I could not log in to my Microsoft Account. I have put my correct email and password but once I have put everything, it has popped out with a message asking me to put current Windows password for one last time...
  10. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password: New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK. I set a system restore point,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. put in a password