Windows 10: Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

Discus and support Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here is another complaint found in August 2011. Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DiannaAnderson1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

Here is another complaint found in August 2011.

Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay!
    A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were open again.
    It was as if it had saved my previous session, even tho I manually closed everything.
    But what I think is the worst, is that if for some reason i was using Youtube, every time I started my PC again it would start playing the video EVEN ON THE LOG IN SCREEN.
    This is major problem , I haven't even introduced my key and all of my thing are already working. Can you imagine something like this happening to your home?
    I think this is a big security and mostly privacy problem, and i'd like to get some sort of official feedback.

:)

DiannaAnderson1, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Ztruker Win User

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Create a shortcut on the desktop that has this in it:

shutdown /f /r /t 0

/f = Force running applications to close without forewarning users.
    /r = Full shutdown and restart the computer.
    /t 0 = Set the time-out period before shutdown to 0 seconds (immediate restart).

Enter shutdown /? from a Command Prompt for the full list of options.

I think you're better off to wait a bit and let the programs and services close on their own, If they don't after 30 seconds or so then force them closed.

Ztruker, Dec 2, 2019
  3. ppc_1986 Win User
    Windows closes and reopens

Ιf I right click on my computer and select properties, the window appears for a few millisecs then closes and reopens.

I have similar problem when selecting "Open file location" from start menu, the window appears normally, but when I close it, it reopens by itself.

I tried sfc /scannow (no problems found) and clean boot but the problem remains.

ppc_1986, Dec 2, 2019
  4. curt jugg Win User

Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

Windows Live Mail restarts after closing

My wife and I have accounts on our desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. When my wife closes her Windows Live Mail client it reopens again within seconds. If she then closes it again it stays closed. When I close Windows Live Mail I do not have this problem.

I have tried repairing all Windows Essentials programs but this hasn't helped. I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to put this right.

curt jugg, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

1. Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed... - Similar Threads - Microsoft reopening closed

2. windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart: windows does not close programs when I do a shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-close-opened-programs-when-i-do/0fc0a49e-c8bb-48a4-84ea-0219780ee73d
  3. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?: When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force close all of them without displaying end task dialog ? Thanks 129866
  4. Tabs will not close on shutdown

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs will not close on shutdown: I am on W10 Home Version 1809 and when I press shutdown the tabs will not close. I use MSN for homepage and outlook for Email. When I open the system the previous tabs that were used remain on the task bar. How do I eliminate this, thanks. . 125772
  5. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart: I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I...
  6. Reopen closed tab not working anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Reopen closed tab not working anymore: I was good surprisingly of new feature/bug solved of new MS Edge browser after my Win 10 has been updated, anniversary updating. But I noticed that "Reopen closed tab" functionality doesn't working anymore ... it is something wrong with my PC or you have the same issue too ?...
  7. Closing Tabs at Shutdown

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Tabs at Shutdown: I followed al instructions on closing tabs at shutdown but nothing works. Ideas appreciated Thanks 25964
  8. Closing Tabs at Shutdown

Closing Tabs at Shutdown: Can someone tell me why when running Edge none of the tabs close when I sign out???????? When I sign back in it's like I never left the page. Thanks 46933
  9. Closing tabs on shutdown

Closing tabs on shutdown: Besides manually ,how do I close tabs when I shutdown. Now when I shutdown and restart the system opens at the last site I was involved with. Thanks 104294
  10. All windows closing.

in Windows 10 Support
    All windows closing.: I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox....