Windows 10: Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

Discus and support Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here is another complaint found in August 2011. Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DiannaAnderson1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

Here is another complaint found in August 2011.

Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay!
    A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were open again.
    It was as if it had saved my previous session, even tho I manually closed everything.
    But what I think is the worst, is that if for some reason i was using Youtube, every time I started my PC again it would start playing the video EVEN ON THE LOG IN SCREEN.
    This is major problem , I haven't even introduced my key and all of my thing are already working. Can you imagine something like this happening to your home?
    I think this is a big security and mostly privacy problem, and i'd like to get some sort of official feedback.

:)

DiannaAnderson1, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Ztruker Win User

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Create a shortcut on the desktop that has this in it:

shutdown /f /r /t 0

/f = Force running applications to close without forewarning users.
    /r = Full shutdown and restart the computer.
    /t 0 = Set the time-out period before shutdown to 0 seconds (immediate restart).

Enter shutdown /? from a Command Prompt for the full list of options.

I think you're better off to wait a bit and let the programs and services close on their own, If they don't after 30 seconds or so then force them closed.

Ztruker, Dec 2, 2019
  3. ppc_1986 Win User
    Windows closes and reopens

Ιf I right click on my computer and select properties, the window appears for a few millisecs then closes and reopens.

I have similar problem when selecting "Open file location" from start menu, the window appears normally, but when I close it, it reopens by itself.

I tried sfc /scannow (no problems found) and clean boot but the problem remains.

ppc_1986, Dec 2, 2019
  4. curt jugg Win User

Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

Windows Live Mail restarts after closing

My wife and I have accounts on our desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. When my wife closes her Windows Live Mail client it reopens again within seconds. If she then closes it again it stays closed. When I close Windows Live Mail I do not have this problem.

I have tried repairing all Windows Essentials programs but this hasn't helped. I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to put this right.

curt jugg, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed...

1. Microsoft 10 is reopening all my windows closed prior to a shutdown. Once I restart closed... - Similar Threads - Microsoft reopening closed

2. Quickly close all windows at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly close all windows at once: I deal with personal information and am subject to privacy laws. When someone walks in to my office I need to quickly close all the windows on my computer to ensure no private information is inadvertently revealed. How do I close all windows at once? One tech suggested ALT +...
  3. Quickly close all windows at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly close all windows at once: I deal with personal information and am subject to privacy laws. When someone walks in to my office I need to quickly close all the windows on my computer to ensure no private information is inadvertently revealed. How do I close all windows at once? One tech suggested ALT +...
  4. Close all open apps at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close all open apps at once: I want to close all application at once. How can I do that in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/242847cb-a705-449e-92cf-2e273d1c0782
  5. Close all open apps at once

Close all open apps at once: I want to close all application at once. How can I do that in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/242847cb-a705-449e-92cf-2e273d1c0782
  6. Close all open apps at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close all open apps at once: Is it possible to close all open app at the same time in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/d0354d73-317a-444d-903d-bf037861fb75
  7. Close all open apps at once

Close all open apps at once: Is it possible to close all open app at the same time in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/d0354d73-317a-444d-903d-bf037861fb75
  8. How to close all open windows at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to close all open windows at once?: How to close all open folders at once? I want to close all open windows without having to click on each one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-all-open-windows-at-once/3271c5a8-a75d-4981-a1ca-201d6e985992
  9. How to close all open windows at once?

How to close all open windows at once?: How to close all open folders at once? I want to close all open windows without having to click on each one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-all-open-windows-at-once/3271c5a8-a75d-4981-a1ca-201d6e985992
  10. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?: When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force close all of them without displaying end task dialog ? Thanks 129866

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reopening last open apps