Windows 10: Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings

Discus and support Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Microsoft 10 Mail app (Not Outlook) [ATTACH] In mail settings, the user name is greyed out and has the wrong data (see above). I changed my email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reluctant geek goddess, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings

The Microsoft 10 Mail app (Not Outlook)

Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings c9a26ef5-a9ba-4c2b-b155-5f77cf701601?upload=true.jpg

In mail settings, the user name is greyed out and has the wrong data (see above). I changed my email address for privacy to say fake.

HOW DO I correct the user name there in that box without deleting the whole email account and losing my documents?

The Windows 10 Mail app keeps telling me my password is wrong, but it is the USER name of the email address that is wrong.

I reset the app and that did nothing to correct anything. Advanced settings does not let you change the user name info, either.

There should be a work around somewhere.

Reluctant geek goddess

:)

reluctant geek goddess, Jan 14, 2019
  2. CeeBee Win User

Mail App - Cannot set up 'Other account POP, IMAP'

Hi, my first post on the forum - can someone help?

I can't see how to set up 'Other account POP, IMAP' in the Win 10 mail app - or rather I can see how to set up accounts and either the app is faulty or I must be missing something, because I've tried using the advanced settings as recommended in the Ten Forums tutorial on the mail app (Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums) but I don't see anywhere to put the actual email address for the account I'm trying to set up.

Likewise if I do it step by step setup from the 'Other account POP, IMAP' link in setup although I can put the email address in this eventually gets overwritten by my username when setup is finished - I have my own domain and my hosts username format is totally different to my email address - e.g. the mail format would be 'someone@mydomain.com' whilst the username would be in the format 'mydomain.com_someone' - the app appears to assume that mail address and username are going to be the same as when setup is completed the app shows my username as my email address. I've set up an ActiveSync account fine but I'm stumped on setting my personal mailbox up.

I'm probably being stupid, but any help/advice please? Thanks.

CeeBee, Jan 14, 2019
  3. city Win User
    Mail App - Cannot set up 'Other account POP, IMAP'

It seams now that it is working, since this week an update rollup for Windows 10 is available. Now there is a field for setting the email address.

4. Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings

Can't change the username for logging in to my Windows 10 mail account

Hi Jan,

We need to do further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest that you try to delete the account from the Mail first and re-add it and see if it helps. Visit the following support articles below on how to delete and add accounts
    in Mail:

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings

1. Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings - Similar Threads - Microsoft MAIL change

2. Change the username in one account in Windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the username in one account in Windows mail: My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For this emailadress I have two accounts – gmail and gmail2.On my windows mail I have both accounts. The problem is that on Gmail2 my name shows as Johan Fahlman. It´s the wrong name and I want to change it. How do I...
  3. Change the username in one account in Windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the username in one account in Windows mail: My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For this emailadress I have two accounts – gmail and gmail2.On my windows mail I have both accounts. The problem is that on Gmail2 my name shows as Johan Fahlman. It´s the wrong name and I want to change it. How do I...
  4. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  5. Change username for microsoft account

Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  6. Mail - Microsoft 10 - Order of Email Accounts

Mail - Microsoft 10 - Order of Email Accounts: Has a solution been found for being able to rearrange your email accounts in Microsoft 10. I don't want to have to delete and re-add them as I had extreme difficulty getting them in anyway....
  7. Change account username for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account username for Windows 10: I have the only account on my PC. It is a Microsoft account, not a local account, with BitLocker enabled. I have discovered that my username in file explorer and in file paths are the first five letters of my email address linked to my Microsoft account. I want to change...
  8. Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app

Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app: I need to change my username -- not password -- on an email account in Windows 10 Email app. The manage or fix option allows only a password change -- the account username is grayed out and can't be change. I don't want to delete and then restart the account with a new...
  9. How to change Microsoft account username?

How to change Microsoft account username?: I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and registry information...
  10. change local account username associated with a microsoft account?

change local account username associated with a microsoft account?: My first name is "Mathew". On all my windows 10 devices, I prefer to login using my microsoft account. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) On all of these devices, the default local user name is always "mathe", missing the "w". My home directory is...