Windows 10: Microsoft 10 Reset/ Activation Key

Discus and support Microsoft 10 Reset/ Activation Key in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Recently in this last week I had to reset my computer. I couldn't system restore to a back up point and had to reset the computer completely. It was... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TaylaStern, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Microsoft 10 Reset/ Activation Key

Recently in this last week I had to reset my computer.

I couldn't system restore to a back up point and had to reset the computer completely. It was starting on the blue screen and that was my only option.

My question is this, now that I have done this my computer is still returning to the blue screen and is asking me to activate windows. I follow the instructions and it takes me to "Update and Security", "Activation" and gives me a blank white screen.

This computer is business use and has forced me to wipe the computer to "factory reset" now is still having issues.

Is there any way to fix this or is my $2,000- computer broken?

:)

TaylaStern, Apr 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Activation

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How did you install Windows 10 before performing the Reset?
    2. Which edition of Windows are you trying to activate?

Step 1: Check the Status of the Windows Activation

1. Open the Run command (Windows Key + R Key)
    2. Type in ‘Control system’ and hit ‘Enter’.
    3. Check the status.
    4. Let us if you see ‘Windows is activated’ on System Properties Window.

If the Windows is not activated, try to activate with the product key.

Windows product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows

Step 2: Activate with the Windows 10 product key

1. Open the run command (Windows key + R Key)
    2. Type in “Slui 3” and click on ‘Activate’ and then check the status of issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 12, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

A little info on this.
    Your keys from TechNet or MSDN are and can be Retail, OEM, Static Activation, Multiple Activation, Custom, or other.
    You can go to your TechNet site and sign in.
    Then click on the "Export to XML" link at the top right hand side of the key chart.
    When you open this; there will be a column the shows the "Product Key Type".

Example (Keys block out, of course):

Microsoft 10 Reset/ Activation Key xmlkeys-png.png

Here is an MS chart of the Key meanings from Product Keys and Activation for MSDN site... the key meaning, also, applies to the now defunct TechNet Keys.

Chart from the page:

Microsoft 10 Reset/ Activation Key keytypes-png.png

EDIT:
    You do not need to be on a MS account any longer... you can be just a local user.
    As long as you are connected to the internet they can find you.

Also, this may help explain some... as, it applies to the activation of Windows 10, too.

Microsoft quietly rewrites its activation rules for Windows 10

Click link above to read more.

95Viper, Apr 12, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Microsoft 10 Reset/ Activation Key

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft 10 Reset/ Activation Key

1. Microsoft 10 Reset/ Activation Key - Similar Threads - Microsoft Reset Activation

2. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...
  3. Microsoft Rewards Activities not resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Rewards Activities not resetting: Hello, I'm sorry if it is in the wrong category. A week ago I found out about Microsoft Rewards. I did all my activities but they never reset to newer ones. Is there any ways I could reset them?...
  4. Microsoft Rewards Activities not resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards Activities not resetting: Hello, I'm sorry if it is in the wrong category. A week ago I found out about Microsoft Rewards. I did all my activities but they never reset to newer ones. Is there any ways I could reset them?...
  5. Windows 10 reset after activation key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset after activation key: So I'm going to be activating my Windows 10 soon, but I also want to reset it after that, so what would happen if I reset it with an activation key from kinguin.com, will the code be unable to be used again and would be unactivated, or will it still be activated? submitted...
  6. Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change: Hello! I bought my laptop last year with windows 10 pre-installed. I signed in with my microsoft account with my previous hotmail e-mail address. Since then microsoft locked me out of that e-mail which is still connected to my laptop. I want to change my administrator...
  7. Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?: So I’m planning on doing a factory reset of my PC. I plan to delete all files and complete wipe the hard drive. After I do this, will I need a new windows activation key? I’m using only 1 account on my pc, which is a local account with no connected Microsoft account. I...
  8. Microsoft 364 Account - Windows 10 activation key.

Microsoft 364 Account - Windows 10 activation key.: Hello, I have a number of work computers running Windows 10 Enterprise and one, in particular, is saying that it is not activated. I recently updated a license from Office 365 A3 Educator to the Microsoft 365 A3 Educator package in the Admin Centre but I cannot find any...
  9. Reset Product Activation Key

Reset Product Activation Key: I purchased Windows 10 and was using the product in Parallels for Mac. I attempted to uninstall Windows from the virtual machine, in order to Bootcamp my Mac with the same product key. I did not uninstall it properly apparently and deleted the virtual machine installation....
  10. Activation Keys and Factory Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation Keys and Factory Resetting: I know that factory resetting requires a activation key. I want to factory reset my computer so can i use the current activation key on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-keys-and-factory-resetting/c9ebe1a3-ee82-4502-9a1a-81f52eca7eb6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows 10 activation key

2. windows 10 reset activation

3. reset activation key windows 10

4. windows 10 activation reset,
  5. how to so reset office activation keys,
  6. how to reset windows 10 activation key,
  7. how to reset windows 10 activation,
  8. reset win 10 activation,
  9. windows 10 reset lost activation,
  10. resetting windows to factory still shows microsoft activation,
  11. reset windows 10 activation,