Windows 10: Microsoft 10 versus older systems

Discus and support Microsoft 10 versus older systems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having recently changed my PC I am now in the world of Windows Microsoft 10, previously I enjoyed using Vista. What a load of rubbish I have now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BRIANHILL6, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Microsoft 10 versus older systems

Having recently changed my PC I am now in the world of Windows Microsoft 10, previously I enjoyed using Vista.

What a load of rubbish I have now bought, you would think the way forward is user friendly? sorry to say this is not the case if you are used to using Windows Live Photos then forget it Windows 10 photos total waste of time, absolute RUBBISH.

I just wish my old computer had not packed up and left me, with "the new way Forward" C**P 10

:)

BRIANHILL6, Mar 6, 2019
  2. wolf Win User

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

wolf, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Microsoft 10 versus older systems

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft 10 versus older systems

1. Microsoft 10 versus older systems - Similar Threads - Microsoft versus older

2. Older Versions of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Versions of Microsoft: HiIs it possible to get ISO images of older versions of windows say windows XP/windows 7 for testing purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-versions-of-microsoft/c7b16918-5f0d-4911-9590-a706e7cc4dcd
  3. Older Versions of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Versions of Microsoft: HiIs it possible to get ISO images of older versions of windows say windows XP/windows 7 for testing purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-versions-of-microsoft/c7b16918-5f0d-4911-9590-a706e7cc4dcd
  4. DocX versus ODT versus Doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DocX versus ODT versus Doc: It's been a minute since I needed to use Word. Imagine my surprise when there are now two word type documents and although I understand the main differences between the two - I don't understand why my laptop isn't saving them all as word docs. There may be something funky in...
  5. DocX versus ODT versus Doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DocX versus ODT versus Doc: It's been a minute since I needed to use Word. Imagine my surprise when there are now two word type documents and although I understand the main differences between the two - I don't understand why my laptop isn't saving them all as word docs. There may be something funky in...
  6. sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep: How to enter hybrid sleep? For a long time, but not forever on win10, this Asus 2 in 1 laptop can never awake from sleep, it hard locks in sleep when it goes to sleep on its own, And usually hard locks within a few minutes. I told it NEVER to shut down when on AC power, so...
  7. File Explorer versus the older Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer versus the older Windows Explorer: I refer to my Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Installed on 29/05/2019, OS build 18363.657. The updates have installed when available. Most recent one was installed 14/02/2020. Until then I had preferred and set the PC to the older classical view of two...
  8. Microsoft versus my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft versus my printer: I believe OneNote or some other update by Microsoft is trying to take over my printing. I made my HP envy the default printer, etc. Still reverting back to black printing. No color. My test page on printer shows color okay, cartridge full. I have reinstalled drivers twice...
  9. Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor: I understand Microsoft has stopped supporting Movie Maker. However, I have continued using it and it still satisfies my video edit needs to create videos. I do feel continue using Movie Maker without Microsoft support may come back to haunt me. I just heard there is a...
  10. Control Panel versus System Settings

Control Panel versus System Settings: Hello, Increasingly I have noticed this sort of ambiguity in Windows 10 where there are settings in the "control panel" that are also controlled through settings in the "system settings." Latest example, is the "Manage Sound Devices" under system settings->Sound where you...