Windows 10: Microsoft 10s

Discus and support Microsoft 10s in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I understand MS10s does not allow download of applications not sold in MS store, including Quicken, which is the app i use for my personal accounting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DorettaMorlacci, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Microsoft 10s

I understand MS10s does not allow download of applications not sold in MS store, including Quicken, which is the app i use for my personal accounting. Can i turn “S” off, download the software, and turn “S” back on.

Is the process to turn “S” uncomplicated for a non savvy tech person like me?

thank you

:)

DorettaMorlacci, Mar 27, 2021

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Microsoft 10s

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft 10s

1. Microsoft 10s - Similar Threads - Microsoft 10s

2. Can you remap the side buttons without having full driver installed for Microsoft Ergonomic...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you remap the side buttons without having full driver installed for Microsoft Ergonomic...: I use Microsoft Ergonomic Mouse on Windows 11 at work. While I can install Microsoft mouse and keyboard centre, it is not installed as admin does not require to restart, but rather from a company software store. It recognizes my Ergonomic mouse and the changes I do to left...
  3. How can I connect a printer to my new laptop with Microsoft 10S?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I connect a printer to my new laptop with Microsoft 10S?: I specifically bought my new Lenovo laptop for typing and printing letters, reports, charts etc. I need to be able to connect it to a printer. It will not to connect to my old brother laser printer....
  4. How can I connect a printer to my new laptop with Microsoft 10S?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I connect a printer to my new laptop with Microsoft 10S?: I specifically bought my new Lenovo laptop for typing and printing letters, reports, charts etc. I need to be able to connect it to a printer. It will not to connect to my old brother laser printer....
  5. How can I connect a printer to my new laptop with Microsoft 10S?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10S and installing Microsoft Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10S and installing Microsoft Software: I have Windows 10S which has added security features. I use Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition but on this new laptop I cannot install it. For those who may not know, Windows10S has added features, which can be turned off, but there is no way of turning them back on again....
  7. microsoft windows 10s virus and security quick scan puzzle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft windows 10s virus and security quick scan puzzle: I am puzzled at the quick scan function of the quick scan recommendation in my windows 10S laptop Dashboard My security dashboard is showing a quick scan is required yet it seems to serve no purpose , Yes it turns on but never seems to stop. There is no progress bar so...
  8. Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode: having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store. ***Modified...
  9. cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home: having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store....
  10. How do I Install unapproved apps on new Microsoft surface laptop with windows 10s like...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I Install unapproved apps on new Microsoft surface laptop with windows 10s like...: I downloaded Google Chrome and .exe, however, a popup says that Microsoft doesn't allow "unapproved apps" to be downloaded. Is there a setting I need to change to get around this?...