Windows 10: Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Microsoft 365 Business (not Office 365, but M365) still includes a subscription to Windows 10 Pro, right?? The M365 Plans page had previously shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Reagan Johnson, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft 365 Business (not Office 365, but M365) still includes a subscription to Windows 10 Pro, right??

The M365 Plans page had previously shown that the "Business" version included a license to both the Office Products and Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the licenses, joined my company's PC's to the Azure AD on that tenant and ended up with a bunch of inactivated Windows PC's. The previous parent org licensed these machines via an EA license.

My CSP is utterly useless and keeps quoting Microsoft websites about using M365 to upgrade Pro to Enterprise - but that's not what I'm trying to do.

A single one of my PC's, that I forced to update to 1809 did activate and shows my Edition as "Windows 10 Business" and my Subscription as "Windows 10 Business subscription is active." But all of my other PCs are only updating to 1803, and say that the Activation Server is unavailable. But everything I find says the activation should be automatic for 1709 and above.

Now I'm panicking a bit because Microsoft updated their M365 page (

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/small-business-solutions?lml=false) and removed any reference to Windows 10 in the features list.

So does anyone know what happened? Is it still included? Or did MS change their minds and pull it? And if it is included, how do I get it to activate?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Reagan Johnson, Mar 6, 2019

2. Microsoft 365 Business and Windows 10 Licensing

Hello

A pleasure to help you.

I recommend reading the following article and understand that it is Microsoft 365 Business.

Microsoft 365 is an integrated solution that brings together best-in-class productivity tools, security, and device management capabilities for small to medium-sized businesses.

A holistic set of business productivity and collaboration tools

Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access

Exchange, OneDrive, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint

Business apps from Office (Bookings, Outlook Customer Manager, MileIQ1, Microsoft Listings1, Microsoft Connections1, Microsoft Invoicing1)

What is Windows 10 Business?

Windows 10 Business is a set of cloud-services and device management that complement Windows 10 Pro and enable the centralized management and security controls of Microsoft 365 Business. Windows 10 Business also comes with Windows AutoPilot, a service that
    streamlines the deployment of new Windows 10 PCs. If you have devices that are licensed for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Professional, Microsoft 365 Business provides an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro which is the prerequisite for deploying Windows 10 Business.

Any doubt can consult the following article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/...

I hope it will be very helpful.

Let me know.

Greetings Dayamis

dayamiperez, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Microsoft 365 Business - Windows 10 Pro Product Lincense is not bundled

Today I learned from the assigned support engineer that Windows 10 Pro License is not bundled into Microsoft 365 Business. A Windows Pro Product License is requisite operating system to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and take advantage of the security offering
    of Microsoft 365 Business. So the pre-installed Windows 10 Home should be first upgraded to Windows 10 Pro! There seems insufficient or ambiguous details causing the confusion. Any views?

Anwar Hussain Mirza, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft 365 Business - Windows 10 Pro Product Lincense is not bundled

I'm surprised to! But looks like the Tech was right, Windows 10 Pro isn't included: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business

I thought that was the whole selling point is it rolled up Windows 10, Office, Security, and a bunch of other features. I don't think my tenant is going to both going to Microsoft 365 Business as it just doesn't pencil out. We'll stick with Office 365 and
    volume license of Windows 10 Enterprise.

Solar-Eclipse, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro

1. Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Microsoft 365 Business

2. Windows 11 Pro Login Using Microsoft 365 for Business Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Login Using Microsoft 365 for Business Login: I have a Microsoft 365 for Business Account with multiple users and would like to be able to login to our Windows 11 Pro computers using those accounts. I was told this is possible, but I have not figured out how this works. I have a custom domain, brammerinsurance.com, and...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Login Using Microsoft 365 for Business Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Login Using Microsoft 365 for Business Login: I have a Microsoft 365 for Business Account with multiple users and would like to be able to login to our Windows 11 Pro computers using those accounts. I was told this is possible, but I have not figured out how this works. I have a custom domain, brammerinsurance.com, and...
  4. Eligibility of Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business DF77X4D43RKT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Eligibility of Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business DF77X4D43RKT: Hi, Questions from HK region.Who is eligible for this sku? Any requirement needs to meet? Any limitation ?Great Thanks,Jen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eligibility-of-windows-10-home-to-pro-upgrade-for/ca4e37c7-d633-4392-9268-823087ca3026
  5. Question on Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business

Question on Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business: We are a licensed reseller in Vietnam and want to find out more about this product DF77X4D43RKT Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business Is there any requirement to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro with this license? Can it upgrade both OLP and OEI...
  6. Windows 10 pro Multiple Microsoft 365 business Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro Multiple Microsoft 365 business Accounts: Hello, I have a Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro. The account that I use to log in is the Microsoft 365 Business Standard account that I have for my personal small business. This works fine and I have no issues. I also have a "day job" that gives me a different...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business: My partner's customer purchased Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business and is only able to get about 5 activations with it. Now they get an unable to activate message after imaging is completed. Is there a limit of how many workstations this can be...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO using Microsoft 365 Business license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO using Microsoft 365 Business license: I have a company Microsoft 365 Business license. I also have one laptop, purchased using a Microsoft Hotmail account, as Microsoft would not allow to use a company Microsoft 365 account With Microsoft 365 Business license, Windows 10 PRO is included. I wish to upgrade...
  9. Windows 10 Licenses with Microsoft 365 Business

Windows 10 Licenses with Microsoft 365 Business: According to the service description https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/microsoft-365-service-descriptions/microsoft-365-business-service-description,“If you have devices that are licensed for Windows 7 and 8.1 Professional, Microsoft 365 Business...
  10. Activate Windows 10 problem, I have subscription for Microsoft 365 for business

Activate Windows 10 problem, I have subscription for Microsoft 365 for business: Hello, I bought a subscription to Microsoft 365 for Business (which also includes a subscription to Windows 10). I repeat, it's a business subscription. I bought a new laptop (Dell) without a windows license (with ubuntu operating system). I downloaded from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 business not activating

2. activate windows m365

3. windows 10 pro activation M365 business