Windows 10: Microsoft 365 Functions for Word that Work on Windows 10 Not Working on Windows 11

Discus and support Microsoft 365 Functions for Word that Work on Windows 10 Not Working on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two laptops - one with Windows 10 and one with Windows 11. I installed Microsoft 365 on both of them last week. On the Windows 10 laptop, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasonJennings, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Microsoft 365 Functions for Word that Work on Windows 10 Not Working on Windows 11

I have two laptops - one with Windows 10 and one with Windows 11. I installed Microsoft 365 on both of them last week. On the Windows 10 laptop, when I use Word, I can post objects in the comments audio, pictures, attachments, etc.. When I try to do the same things on the Windows 11 laptop, I get an error message see attached photo "Missing content. This comment thread contains content that's not yet supported. Select it to view in the Revisions pane." It doesn't allow me to add any objects into a comment, except text and hyperlinks, even though it is the same software.

:)

JasonJennings, Dec 6, 2021

2. Spell Checker not working in Mail or Word Windows 10

The spelling checker is working in my Windows 10 Mail, and gives suggest corrections in a list, but there is no ADD function shown, to add the word to a custom dictionary. Office 365 Spell checker has this capability and saves the 'new' word to 'custom.dic'
    and 'roamingdefault.dic. Mail seems to have this function, as the 'misspelt' word is at the bottom of the suggested alternatives but with a + in front of it. I assume this will then add it to a Mail custom dictionary but I can find no reference to what its
    file name is or where is it located, so I cannot go and edit it, which I can do with the Office 365 dictionary.

Regards,

Ed

Fleetchief, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2021
  4. VenessaO Win User

Microsoft 365 Functions for Word that Work on Windows 10 Not Working on Windows 11

Office 365 Open document in Word not working in Internet Explorer 11

When I open a MS Word Document in Office 365 (SharePoint Online), it opens it opens up in Word online as usual. When I click on "Open in MS Word" absolutely nothing happens. I fixed this in the Firefox browser by activating the MS Office 2013 add-on, but
    can't find a solution for Internet Explorer 11. I tried changing the security settings for trusted sites in IE, but that didn't work. (Same results from computers with Windows 7 and 10). Any suggestions will be appreciated!

VenessaO, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft 365 Functions for Word that Work on Windows 10 Not Working on Windows 11

1. Microsoft 365 Functions for Word that Work on Windows 10 Not Working on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Microsoft 365 Functions

2. windows 11 search function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 search function not working: I have been having a problem since upgrading to windows 11, neither the search function i.e. the magnifying glass on the taskbar nor the search box in file explorer, are working correctly. If I attempt to search in file explorer, I just get a big repeating pop up search box...
  3. windows 11 search function not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 search function not working: I have been having a problem since upgrading to windows 11, neither the search function i.e. the magnifying glass on the taskbar nor the search box in file explorer, are working correctly. If I attempt to search in file explorer, I just get a big repeating pop up search box...
  4. Microsoft 365 does not work after getting Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 365 does not work after getting Windows 11: Hello,I updated to Windows 11 last week, and since then the Microsoft 365 programmes don't work on my computer, help! When I try to open any of the programmes, nothing happens.When I try to open a file, there's an error message, "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\file...
  5. Microsoft 365 does not work after getting Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 365 does not work after getting Windows 11: Hello,I updated to Windows 11 last week, and since then the Microsoft 365 programmes don't work on my computer, help! When I try to open any of the programmes, nothing happens.When I try to open a file, there's an error message, "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\file...
  6. Microsoft 365 Functions for Word that Work on Windows 10 Not Working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 365 Functions for Word that Work on Windows 10 Not Working on Windows 11: I have two laptops - one with Windows 10 and one with Windows 11. I installed Microsoft 365 on both of them last week. On the Windows 10 laptop, when I use Word, I can post objects in the comments audio, pictures, attachments, etc.. When I try to do the same things on the...
  7. Microsoft 365 Outlook/Word features not working. Problem with profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft 365 Outlook/Word features not working. Problem with profile?: I'm running Windows 10 and Office 365. Some odd behavior from Word and Outlook: Unable to set a default font Unable to save a signature Grammarly add-in fails Outlook/Word mail-merge doesn't work These problems are all solved if I create a new account. However, these are...
  8. Word in mICROSOFT 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Word in mICROSOFT 365: UNABLE TO OPEN DOCUMENTS ATTACHED TO EMAIL'; UNABLE TO FORMAT WORD DOCUMENTS WHAT IS "ONE TOUCH" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-in-microsoft-365/64255afd-0c76-43bd-9e80-7f4df7b59bcf
  9. Windows functions not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows functions not working: Several Windows 10 functions are not working for me. The problems seem to be related. Here are the ones I've observed so far. They are hard to explain. 1 I can't type in the search bar. Sometimes it will let me type a single character, but then I can't get the cursor to...
  10. The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.: The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word on my laptop. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-add-to-dictionary-function-wont-work-in-word/84b65411-ec15-4caa-b20d-6611a82ad64b