Windows 10: Microsoft 365 installed 2 copies of every app

Discus and support Microsoft 365 installed 2 copies of every app in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; So this is an odd one. I don't exactly know when I got 2 versions installed as I updated win 10 today to 20H2 but as PC is only 2 months old, it can't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by colif, Oct 21, 2020.

1. colif Win User

Microsoft 365 installed 2 copies of every app

So this is an odd one. I don't exactly know when I got 2 versions installed as I updated win 10 today to 20H2 but as PC is only 2 months old, it can't have been long ago. I only noticed today as the new versions have really tiny icons which is what made me look at them. They were showing in newly added apps section - https://i.imgur.com/COGfdSa.jpg

I have two different versions of word, for instance. I have Version 2009 (Build 13231.20390), which according to Microsoft is currently the newest version and I have version 16.0.13416.41000 installed that I can't find anywhere on the web.

The help in version 13416 talks about Office online, and if I now open a Onedrive file it loads it in a browser and adds an Office toolbar but if I create a new office document, it doesn't use the old Word version but a new one.

If i look in Apps listing it only shows 1 listing of Microsoft 365.
    I can see the newest version on Insiders is not even up to this version so?? Office Insiders

I wonder who at Microsoft messed up lol

- - - Updated - - -

i think they merged office online into Microsoft 365 but i can't find any proof. there are some weird things going on. The new versions wanted me to add the Office.com app to start menu but if i use it to create a new document it starts the 2009 versions of the apps, and ignores fact the new word can create documents as well.

I feel like I am beta testing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Mystery solved. Microsoft force installed the office online apps. Its still messed up.

guess someone should close this?

:)

colif, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Eiji T Win User

Install Microsoft Office 365

Hello!

I'm your Independent Advisor for today. Let's figure this out and come up with a solution.

You can follow the steps in the link below to download and install Microsoft 365 to your PC:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/downlo...

Once installed, you can use apps like Word, Excel and Outlook directly in your PC.

Hope this helps.

Eiji T, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft
    Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 21, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

Having such hard time installing this Driver

I have a OurLink RTK8192 Wireless Adapter and I've tried everything in the book but nothing seems to work and yes I've gone through the CD and there's no Install App. for Linux only for Windows though i have installed on there.

Give me A step-by-step copy/paste guide please

rk3066, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft 365 installed 2 copies of every app - Similar Threads - Microsoft 365 installed

2. Microsoft 365 Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 365 Apps: I subscribe microsoft 365 still current but could not and never used it as I cannot download the apps. Error message ' .....Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error...
  3. Microsoft 365 Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 365 Apps: I subscribe microsoft 365 still current but could not and never used it as I cannot download the apps. Error message ' .....Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error...
  4. Copy Paste Between Microsoft Apps locks windows for 2 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy Paste Between Microsoft Apps locks windows for 2 minutes: HiOn Windows 10. If I copy and paste something from one Microsoft App to another, eg copy text from MS Notes and try to paste to an Outlook email I am writing, the destination app ie in this case Outlook, is locked and greyed out for 2 minutes until finally the pasted text...
  5. Microsoft 365 - Unknown Installations

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft 365 - Unknown Installations: I installed Microsoft 365 on a relatives laptop, and I have not logged into Microsoft 365 since. Today when I logged in to the Microsoft 365 console, I can see Microsoft 365 has now been installed on a further 3 desktop computers. I am as sure as I can be, my email account is...
  6. Microsoft 365 app issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft 365 app issues: Anytime an office app does a data recovery and I close the program it wont allow me to reopen the program. However if I restart my computer i can then open the apps...
  7. Microsoft Office 365, 2 installs on same device claim

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 365, 2 installs on same device claim: Hello WindowsTen Forum, First, some specs. Microsoft Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.685 - 64bit Microsoft 365 MSO 16.0.13530.20132 - 64bit I have Microsoft Office 365 installed on 3 different devices. On my Microsoft account, it's recorded I have 4 installs, 2 of the...
  8. Trouble with Microsoft 365 installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble with Microsoft 365 installation: Hi, I have already subscribed for Microsoft 365 and used it for several months, but for some trouble I have to format my PC and reinstall it again. The issue is that after I install Microsoft 365 I just obtain office 2019 professional, which is unexpected because I want...
  9. Can't install Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't install Microsoft 365: I purchased Microsoft 365 in February, 2020, but I have never been able to install it. Just now I tried again, but It seemed to have me doing the same thing over and over again--downloading OfficeSetup1, OfficeSetup2, OfficeSetup3, and on and on and on. Could I maybe get my...
  10. Trying to install Microsoft 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to install Microsoft 365: I am trying to install the new version of Microsoft 365. Each time it says it isn't installed be because of OE Hook Antispam. How do I turn this off? Is it important if I am using Norton? How can I make sure the new version of the Microsoft is installed properly.?...