Windows 10: Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account

Discus and support Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi all, hope someone will be able to assist. Since upgrading to Win 10 Pro version 2004, Outlook keeps asking for my email POP passwords. After... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Max001, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Max001 Win User

Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account

Hi all, hope someone will be able to assist.
    Since upgrading to Win 10 Pro version 2004, Outlook keeps asking for my email POP passwords.

After inserting passwords Outlook works as long as it stays open.
    Once closed or computer switched off and started up again, passwords are requested again.

This only happens when I am signed in on my Local Account but works perfectly when on signed in on my MS Account.
    This started after updating to latest Version 2004 via WU but worked perfectly with previous version. I have searched everywhere but cannot find any solution. Thank you

:)

Max001, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Max001 Win User

Hi all, hope someone will be able to assist.
    Since upgrading to Win 10 Pro version 2004, Outlook keeps asking for my email POP passwords.

After inserting passwords Outlook works as long as it stays open.
    Once closed or computer switched off and started up again, passwords are requested again.

This only happens when I am signed in on my Local Account but works perfectly when on signed in on my MS Account.
    This started after updating to latest Version 2004 via WU but worked perfectly with previous version. I have searched everywhere but cannot find any solution. Thank you

Max001, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Sam Vimes Win User

I've been having similar problems but Outlook keeps prompting for my MSA Exchange Account number and it doesn't matter if I'm on a local or MSA sign in. I have to enter it twice and then I can work for a number of hours even turning off and on but then it comes back.

I'm still on 1903

This may help you but- it didn't for me.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...g-for-password

Just as an additional data point I had problems adding GMail accounts to Outlook and found that I needed to turn on All Connected Experiences in Outlooks MS Account Privacy Settings.

So just joining your thread to see if anyone comes along with a solution.

Sam Vimes, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account - Similar Threads - Microsoft 365 Outlook

2. Outlook 365 password amnesia.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365 password amnesia.: After the most recent update, my Outlook 365 Outlook 16 seems to have caught the password amnesia. I use Outlook to connect to my school email which is an Exchange account. Now when I'm using outlook I am continuously bombarded with the Windows Security prompt asking me to...
  3. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  4. Outlook keeps requesting my email password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook keeps requesting my email password.: I installed Windows 10 update on 11/29/2020. Since update I have experienced problems with Outlook 2013. Outlook when starting continually asks for my outlook.pst password and email passwords. I have 4 email accounts setup and only one account continues to ask for...
  5. Microsoft 365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft 365 Outlook: Have logged on today and all latest sent emails have disappeared from my sent box - the latest one showing is 2017 and yes I have got it set to newest on top If I search for an email I can find it and it says sent. Have checked my settings are they are correct. I have...
  6. Microsoft password keeps being requested

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft password keeps being requested: I am on Windows 10 Home and running outlook as my email program. Ihave several accounts on it but the only account I have a problem with is my outlook.com account which keeps asking me to re-enter my password several times a day despite me clicking "remember me" box - why is...
  7. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...
  8. Link Account but keep local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Link Account but keep local password: I recently linked my Microsoft Account to my Windows 10 Pro installation to make sure I don't lose my license key once I upgrade a few pieces of hardware in my desktop. What I was not informed of anywhere on that settings page, was that on my next log in, I would be locked...
  9. Microsoft outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft outlook 365: Hi, I have a client using Microsoft Outlook 365 and when she goes to her online server account and cleans up her email on the site, it removes those emails from the ones she has on her PC as well.. how can it be stopped from doing this? regards Kris Snidal...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...