Windows 10: Microsoft 4k Wireless adapter maxes out at 1920x1080

Discus and support Microsoft 4k Wireless adapter maxes out at 1920x1080 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop is a Lenovo P1 gen2 laptop Intel UHD 630 + Nvidia T2000 with 15.6 4K oled. I also had a secondary external monitor with a prior generation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VibronicPants49, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Microsoft 4k Wireless adapter maxes out at 1920x1080

My laptop is a Lenovo P1 gen2 laptop Intel UHD 630 + Nvidia T2000 with 15.6 4K oled. I also had a secondary external monitor with a prior generation Microsoft Wireless Adapter. The laptop was casting fine at 1080p. I've subsequently upgraded my secondary monitor to LG Ultragear 34" supports upto 3440 x 1440 and bought the Microsoft 4k Wireless Display adapter. I can connect to the new monitor but still maxes out at only 1920x1080 rather than full 3440x1440 checked display settings. I tried updating drivers but it has had no effect. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

:)

VibronicPants49, Jan 25, 2023

2. Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter not showing correct resolution

I am running a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 v. 20H2, OS build 19042.608.

I just bought the Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter (Model 1942).

It says it supports a resolution up to "Max video resolution 3840 x 2160 @30fps".

My screen is 3440x1440 (Acer CB342CK) but when I connect to the adaptor it only connects at 1920x1080 at the image looks all washed out. That is the highest resolution that seems to be available. I have checked the Wireless Display Adapter App and it seems
    that I have the latest firmware installed (Firmware version: 3.9520.26). I've checked everything I can, and nothing seems to be a fix.

Any thoughts?

SamuelMcLaughlin, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter doesn't connect

Hi Lugoo,

thank you very much for your suggestions! After some more testing it turned out that it was my fault. If I press Windows + SHIFT + k. the wireless connection is established without a HDMI cable on the second HDMI input of my projector. I misread the instructions on the german connection screen of the 4K Wireless Adapter. I had only pressed Windows + k, without SHIFT.

Kind Regards

Ulysses42

Ulysses-42, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Microsoft 4k Wireless adapter maxes out at 1920x1080

Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter doesn't connect

I bought the Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter (UTH00010) to replace the HDMI cable between my Windows 11 (22H2) PC and my Full HD projector Benq HT3050. The MS Wireless Adapter has the most recent firmware 3.9520.47. The PC has an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 module installed.

I am able to get a wireless connection via the Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter. However, this is only possible with a second connection between the PC and the projector via a HDMI cable on the projector's second HDMI input. If only the wireless adapter is connected to the projector, the screen "Press Windows + K to connect" is shown, but pressing these keys doesn't show any effect.

If i switch my projector to the HDMI input where the cable from the PC is connected, I can establish a wireless connection to the projector by pressing "Windows + K" and then activating the projector's other HDMI input with the wireless adapter.

Why does "Windows + K" only work with the cabled connection between PC and projector?

Ulysses-42, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft 4k Wireless adapter maxes out at 1920x1080

1. Microsoft 4k Wireless adapter maxes out at 1920x1080 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless adapter

2. Microsoft Wireless Adapter 4K : wrong max resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Adapter 4K : wrong max resolution: Hi !I've read some content about this problem but didn't find any answer leading to a resolution, although it seems that I'm not the only one concerned. I've got a Surface Laptop 4, a ViewSonic monitor WQHD 3440 x 1440 and I tried to use a Microsoft Wireless Adapter 4K model...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Adapter 4K : wrong max resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Adapter 4K : wrong max resolution: Hi !I've read some content about this problem but didn't find any answer leading to a resolution, although it seems that I'm not the only one concerned. I've got a Surface Laptop 4, a ViewSonic monitor WQHD 3440 x 1440 and I tried to use a Microsoft Wireless Adapter 4K model...
  4. Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!: Widows 11 Laptop and TV works fine via HDMI cable. Tested using a new Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter with them very close together and established a stable connection. The sound and the mouse location casts to the TV fine, but the image still or moving for only for a...
  5. Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!

Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!: Widows 11 Laptop and TV works fine via HDMI cable. Tested using a new Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter with them very close together and established a stable connection. The sound and the mouse location casts to the TV fine, but the image still or moving for only for a...
  6. Microsoft 4k Wireless adapter maxes out at 1920x1080

Microsoft 4k Wireless adapter maxes out at 1920x1080: My laptop is a Lenovo P1 gen2 laptop Intel UHD 630 + Nvidia T2000 with 15.6 4K oled. I also had a secondary external monitor with a prior generation Microsoft Wireless Adapter. The laptop was casting fine at 1080p. I've subsequently upgraded my secondary monitor to LG...
  7. Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter doesn't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter doesn't connect: I bought the Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter UTH00010 to replace the HDMI cable between my Windows 11 22H2 PC and my Full HD projector Benq HT3050. The MS Wireless Adapter has the most recent firmware 3.9520.47. The PC has an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 module installed. I am able to...
  8. Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter doesn't connect

Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter doesn't connect: I bought the Microsoft 4K Wireless Adapter UTH00010 to replace the HDMI cable between my Windows 11 22H2 PC and my Full HD projector Benq HT3050. The MS Wireless Adapter has the most recent firmware 3.9520.47. The PC has an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 module installed. I am able to...
  9. 4K Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4K Wireless Display Adapter: Hi!I'v just upgraded my wireless display adapter to the "4K Wireless Display Adapter" and it started off by working very well. This, however didn't last long. I'v connected it to a projector that unfortunantly didn't have a USB port. To solve this problem I connected the USB...
  10. 4K Wireless Display Adapter

4K Wireless Display Adapter: Hi!I'v just upgraded my wireless display adapter to the "4K Wireless Display Adapter" and it started off by working very well. This, however didn't last long. I'v connected it to a projector that unfortunantly didn't have a USB port. To solve this problem I connected the USB...