Windows 10: Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor

Discus and support Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adaptor, which I was looking to use with my laptop and monitor ViewSonic XG3220Unfortunately when I cast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Auron2K, May 17, 2022.

1. Auron2K Win User

Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor

Hi,I have a Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adaptor, which I was looking to use with my laptop and monitor ViewSonic XG3220Unfortunately when I cast using it to my monitor, the picture is incredibly washed out, as if it's sending the wrong type of signal. I'm not trying to cast in HDR, but something about my monitor seems to make the adaptor confused.If I use it on a non-HDR monitor the picture is fine. I've got two adapters, one for a TV, one for my monitor, both have the same issue. I've also seen another person report the same issue on their monitor on another forum. I'm not sure if there's

:)

Auron2K, May 17, 2022
  2. Zafatta Win User

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, May 17, 2022
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter

Hi Penny Wells,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when things do not work as they should. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the model of the TV?

This issue can occur if there is pending firmware update or the issue with the drivers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and let us know about the results:

Method 1: Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

Method 2: Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

If method 1 doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting Wireless
    Display Adapters
    refer the steps ‘Having trouble connecting your device to the adapter?’

Note: The above article contains steps regarding Firmware update.
    Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 17, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!: Widows 11 Laptop and TV works fine via HDMI cable. Tested using a new Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter with them very close together and established a stable connection. The sound and the mouse location casts to the TV fine, but the image still or moving for only for a...
  3. Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter issue with HDR monitor: Hi,I have a Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adaptor, which I was looking to use with my laptop and monitor ViewSonic XG3220Unfortunately when I cast using it to my monitor, the picture is incredibly washed out, as if it's sending the wrong type of signal. I'm not trying to cast...
  4. 4K Wireless Display Adapter

4K Wireless Display Adapter: Purchased 3 of the 4K Wireless Adapters and two of them worked great. This last one is not turning back on after firmware was updated. I have looked online to see how I can get it exchanged or get other solutions to get this unit going again. If help would be...
  5. 4K Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4K Wireless Display Adapter: Purchased 3 of the 4K Wireless Adapters and two of them worked great. This last one is not turning back on after firmware was updated. I have looked online to see how I can get it exchanged or get other solutions to get this unit going again. If help would be...
  6. 4K Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4K Wireless Display Adapter: Hi!I'v just upgraded my wireless display adapter to the "4K Wireless Display Adapter" and it started off by working very well. This, however didn't last long. I'v connected it to a projector that unfortunantly didn't have a USB port. To solve this problem I connected the USB...
  7. 4K Wireless Display Adapter

4K Wireless Display Adapter: Hi!I'v just upgraded my wireless display adapter to the "4K Wireless Display Adapter" and it started off by working very well. This, however didn't last long. I'v connected it to a projector that unfortunantly didn't have a USB port. To solve this problem I connected the USB...
  8. BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...: HiI have big problem with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k. It sends HDR signal to my BENQ ew3270u Monitor. The scree is so bright that I barely see on it anything. And because of that, the HDR signal I cannot change brightness from my monitor's menu. I can't change this...
  9. BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...

BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...: HiI have big problem with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k. It sends HDR signal to my BENQ ew3270u Monitor. The scree is so bright that I barely see on it anything. And because of that, the HDR signal I cannot change brightness from my monitor's menu. I can't change this...
  10. BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware