Windows 10: microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

Discus and support microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by miUV, Sep 12, 2022.

1. miUV Win User

microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then moves,frustrating.......can i buy a replacement mouse???? or a replacement wont pair with the exisiting usb??? running windows 11.unit about 6 years old. thought it was dust inside,blown on it a few times,no difference. i can hear a noise when wheel scrolling,like a spring winding-unwinding??? need some kind

:)

2. sudhakar0201, Sep 12, 2022
  3. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not after restart

I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 and Comfort Keyboard 5050 (bought together as a "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050"), using with my Dell Latitude 7420 laptop.

Ever since I bought them, I noticed that from a cold boot, or after the machine resumes from "deep" sleep, the mouse would take a couple of seconds to respond, and the keyboard would do the same (and then when it did respond it would often get 'stuck' and repeat the key press until I pressed ESC to stop it).

This problem persists until I reboot the computer.

I've found the only reliable workaround is to restart the computer. After rebooting, then the mouse and keyboard work without issue.

The "deep" sleep is when the machine is left overnight. Just sleeping for a short time doesn't seem to trigger the issue.

Things I have already tried:

• I have put the wireless receiver on a USB cable, and moving it around doesn't seem to make any difference
    • I have rebuilt/reinstalled the OS multiple times
    • I am running the latest Mouse and Keyboard Center software
    • My laptop and other drivers are all latest versions
    • I have tried putting it into different USB slots (there's only one USB-A on the laptop, but also tried my Dock and a USB-C hub)
    • Replacing batteries
    Having to reboot almost every morning is a bit annoying.

Any suggestions?

David Gardiner, Sep 12, 2022
  4. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

Can I just replace the mouse on the microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5000 combo

Hi, I'm on my 2nd microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5000 combo. Both times, the mouse has worn out while the keyboard is fine. I absolutely love them, but I only need to replace the mouse. Can I do this?

NeilHughes1, Sep 12, 2022
Thema:

microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

1. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb - Similar Threads - microsoft 5000 mouse

2. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb: hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then...
  3. Wireless Confort Keyboard 5050 and Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 - how to reinstall them in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Confort Keyboard 5050 and Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 - how to reinstall them in...: Hello communityI am not able to reinstall both devices in my new laptop anymore. As I have been useing them in my previous laptop for a long time, I don't recall if there was USB hub that was needed to be able to pair/connect the devices. And I am not finding the manual or...
  4. Wireless Confort Keyboard 5050 and Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 - how to reinstall them in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Confort Keyboard 5050 and Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 - how to reinstall them in...: Hello communityI am not able to reinstall both devices in my new laptop anymore. As I have been useing them in my previous laptop for a long time, I don't recall if there was USB hub that was needed to be able to pair/connect the devices. And I am not finding the manual or...
  5. Wireless Confort Keyboard 5050 and Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 - how to reinstall them in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...: I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 and Comfort Keyboard 5050 bought together as a "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050", using with my Dell Latitude 7420 laptop.Ever since I bought them, I noticed that from a cold boot, or after the machine resumes from "deep" sleep,...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...: I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 and Comfort Keyboard 5050 bought together as a "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050", using with my Dell Latitude 7420 laptop.Ever since I bought them, I noticed that from a cold boot, or after the machine resumes from "deep" sleep,...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5050

Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5050: The mouse has a mind of it's own. It goes all over the place and very hard to control or put where I need it to go. I have used different mouse pads, no mouse pad, a single piece of paper on the mousepad then on the desk, a notebook and everything I can think of. I have...
  10. Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse combo 5000 - need transceiver

Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse combo 5000 - need transceiver: Hello all: I have a wireless keyboard-mouse combo 5000 that has given me may years of trouble free service. I've used them sparingly over the years hence their longevity and I’ve kept them in storage for some time, but now I have come to the necessity of using them again....