Windows 10: Microsoft AC Adapter

Discus and support Microsoft AC Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello For months I have being trying to charge my laptop battery, but when I plug in my AC Adapter, my laptop will say "plugged in, not charging". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ifechuks, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ifechuks Win User

Microsoft AC Adapter

Hello

For months I have being trying to charge my laptop battery, but when I plug in my AC Adapter, my laptop will say "plugged in, not charging". I have tried changing my battery and charger but its still doing the same thing. Right now I am running on AC. I tried to update my Microsoft AC Adapter drive, but its saying that I use the most up to date drive. please I would like to know what I can do to make my laptop charge again.

I seriously need help and I will love it if anyone can be of help to me.

:)

ifechuks, Aug 10, 2019

2. Wake up from sleep with Microsoft AC Adapter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to restart the laptop from sleep mode when connected to AC power adapter.

Please be informed us if you are facing any problem with while waking the computer from sleep mode.

I suggest you to update the drivers for AC power adapter from
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps :

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand AC Power Adapter.
    • Right on the W and click on Update driver software.

If the drivers are updated, you will not have the option to Update Driver Software.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter
      that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Mara Jim Win User
    Reinstall Microsoft AC Adapter

My battery does charge despite having uninstalled the Microsoft AC Adapter. How do I plug in the AC Adapter because it seems that when I selected uninstall, it disappeared under Batteries in Device Manager. All that appears under Batteries now is Microsoft
    ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery which is the one I disabled and then enabled. Where can I find the Microsoft AC Adapter to reinstall it again? I appreciate the help!

Mara Jim, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Mara Jim Win User

Microsoft AC Adapter

Reinstall Microsoft AC Adapter

My battery icon had disappeared so I followed some instructions I found online and selected uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter. After I disabled the Microsoft ACPI and enabled it again. My battery icon appeared again but I don't know how to reinstall the AC
    adapter. Does anyone know how or if I even need it? I have Windows 10 on an ASUS.

Mara Jim, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft AC Adapter

1. Microsoft AC Adapter - Similar Threads - Microsoft Adapter

2. No Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter: This wifi adapter is completely missing, been accidentally deleted, and I cannot find out where I can go to download the driver to reinstall. Microsoft, Asus, etc??? This is a self built system. Windows 10 64bit, just recently updated. Thanks!...
  3. Missing Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter - Is it needed?

Missing Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter - Is it needed?: I've been trying to install a Netgear AC1200 WIFI USB Adapter so that I can create a virtual hotspot using that device. I'm trying to set it up so that I can use my Express VPN with Chromecast. So in the process of trying to get things to connect I noticed that when looking...
  4. Dell latitude e5240 windows 10 display adapter "Microsoft basic grapchic display adapter"...

Dell latitude e5240 windows 10 display adapter "Microsoft basic grapchic display adapter"...: I have dell latitude e5240.For windows 10 x64 on hardware manager list display adapter writes " Microsoft basic display adapter". I searching compatible driver by intel 3000 hd graphic display adapter so intel hd graphic but when i setup this driver my display black and must...
  5. How to change the name of Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the name of Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter?: Hi, When I turn on the wifi of my Android TV, it shows a wifi direct listed in available networks which is of my laptop running windows 10. Its name is shown as DIRECT-NFPONNUSmsDK. In this, "PONNUS" was the name of my laptop previously. I change the name to Arun. But the...
  6. Microsoft remote display adapter

Microsoft remote display adapter: I use a HP laptop with a docking station, and am on Windows 10 Enterprise. I have two display ports and have two monitors on my desk. I recently added a large screen TV on the wall in my office, and when I connect the TV via HDMI cable to my laptop (not the docking...
  7. Microsoft Remote Display Adapter - Driver error - RDP not possible

Microsoft Remote Display Adapter - Driver error - RDP not possible: Hello, I have a fresh Windows 10 Enterprise (just installed and activated, nothing else); cloned as a VM by VMware and after that prepared using Sysprep (OOBE and Generalize). It is not possible for me to connect to it via RDP. The RDP connection is sucessfully established...
  8. Asus laptop randomly freezing, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter questions

Asus laptop randomly freezing, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter questions: Hi everyone, so some months ago my father's laptop (Asus Q504U) started having some issues, it would randomly freeze, forcing me to shut it down by holding the power button. This made the laptop useless. After some time of troubleshooting and doing a fresh install of Win...
  9. Microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft basic display adapter: The name of GPU is not shown in device manager, it's showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER. And when I try to upgrade GPU DRIVERS it's told best drivers are already installed. And Nvidia installer cannot continue is also being written when I try to install it by Nvidia...
  10. Microsoft Display Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Display Adapter Issues: I have been having issues with a few aspects of this app. 1. When I open up the action center and click on connect, the action center disappears and nothing happens no matter how long you wait. 2. When I go into my settings and click on system settings, the settings app...