Windows 10: Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10’s future OS

Discus and support Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10’s future OS in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It seems that Microsoft hasn’t given up on the idea of a unified Windows 10 experience and the company is still actively testing Windows Core OS for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 23, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10’s future OS

It seems that Microsoft hasn’t given up on the idea of a unified Windows 10 experience and the company is still actively testing Windows Core OS for upcoming devices. If you’ve had any doubts about the existence of Windows Core OS, doubts can be settled as Microsoft has accidentally leaked new details of the unannounced operating system.

Windows Core OS is the leaner version of Windows that’s mean to be used in the Surface Neo as Windows 10X, Surface Hub 2, HoloLens, and, of course, it was also supposed to power Surface Phone ‘Andromeda’, but that changed later when Microsoft officials dumped Windows for Android.

Unlike Windows 8, Windows Core OS is not touch-centric as it has composers/adaptable shells for all form factors. The Core OS is being developed with a radically different way of interacting with computing devices such as desktops, laptops, dual-screen devices, Surface Hub, and Hololens.

The development of WCOS seems to be advancing with some surprising updates to old support documents that might be setting the stage for Windows 10’s modular operating system.

Although Windows 10X supports Win32 apps, questions have been raised in regards to classic Windows 10 features support on Windows 10X and Windows Core OS.

In a support document, Microsoft accidentally confirmed desktop fonts support for Windows Core OS and the document was quickly modified to remove mention of ‘WCOS’ and future devices.

“Please note: Not all of the Desktop fonts will be in non-desktop editions of Windows 10 such as Xbox, HoloLens, Surface Hub, future WCOS devices, etc,” Microsoft noted in the document.

We were able to uncover a now-edited page that confirmed desktop fonts desktop of Windows 10X.

Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10’s future OS WCOS-leak.jpg

According to clues pieced together from preview builds and job postings, Windows Core OS is said to show up on PCs, laptops, Xbox, dual-screen tablets, multiple screen devices, Surface Hub, Mixed Reality headsets, and also the Internet of Things (IoT) products.

WCOS allows Win32, UWPs and PWAs to be installed and run via containers. In fact, Windows 10’s Core OS will be locked and stripped down, which should naturally improve performance and security.

The post Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10’s future OS appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 9: Microsoft Accidentally Confirms Software Update

Read more

Brink, Mar 23, 2020
  3. z3r010 Win User
    Windows 9: Microsoft Accidentally Confirms Software Update

Read more

z3r010, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10’s future OS

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10’s future OS

1. Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10’s future OS - Similar Threads - Microsoft accidentally confirms

2. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request: *There is not one directly related topic to this inquiry unfortunately so I will not repost somewhere else*I wanted to start a discussion in hope it will gain traction and get attention of microsoft developers. I work at a robotics company where I use Windows Pro, Windows...
  3. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request: *There is not one directly related topic to this inquiry unfortunately so I will not repost somewhere else*I wanted to start a discussion in hope it will gain traction and get attention of microsoft developers. I work at a robotics company where I use Windows Pro, Windows...
  4. Future Windows 10 Developer OS Request

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10 22H2 (Build 19045)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows 10 22H2 (Build 19045): Windows 11 will be getting its first big feature update ‘version 22H2’ soon. Now it looks like Windows 10 22H2 (the next big feature update for the old operating system) is also coming later this year as it has been accidentally confirmed by Microsoft. As Microsoft officials...
  6. Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows Sun Valley update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows Sun Valley update: Microsoft first debuted the original Windows 10 update in 2015 and followed it up with the Anniversary Update in 2016. In early 2017, Microsoft said that it would be delivering two feature updates to the operating system each year, one in the spring and one in the fall, and...
  7. New evidence confirms leaked codenames of future Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    New evidence confirms leaked codenames of future Windows 10 updates: A new report published yesterday revealed that Microsoft is all set to change the internal codenames of Windows 10 updates. The most recent Windows 10 October 2018 Update is codenamed Redstone 5 and the Spring 2019 Update is internally referred to as “19H1”. This is going to...
  8. The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS

in Windows 10 Support
    The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS: What do you think Windows 10 will be like in the future? Will there ever be another Windows? I get the feeling that Windows 10 will not end up being the last Windows we will ever see no matter how many times they update it. I also think Microsoft has got a lot more up its...
  9. Windows 9: Microsoft Accidentally Confirms Software Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9: Microsoft Accidentally Confirms Software Update: [img] Microsoft is widely expected to take the wraps off its latest desktop software later this month but the company has accidentally leaked the logo and the fact it is on the way. Officially Microsoft has said nothing about the update to its desktop software, but...
  10. Free OS's In The Future?

in Windows 10 News
    Free OS's In The Future?: Maybe a ray of hope for Windows 9? (personally I doubt it... but boy would it be cool...) Microsoft's vision of how PCs work in the post-PC era is based on Windows 8. In order for people to experience that vision, they have to have it on their devices. Currently, the...