Windows 10: Microsoft Account 30 day wait

Discus and support Microsoft Account 30 day wait in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; About two years ago I added my mobile number to my account, and removed the old one. But when I went on yesterday it still had the old number, so I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DJ1982i, May 10, 2020.

1. DJ1982i Win User

Microsoft Account 30 day wait

About two years ago I added my mobile number to my account, and removed the old one. But when I went on yesterday it still had the old number, so I attempted to change it again. My new number is already associated with Xbox as I sometimes get texts - and I also can make purchases. I wanted to get 2-Step authentication as I have recently moved back to Windows from Apple after enjoying time on my older windows PC.

I have, in the past 5 years:

Logged in with this account and had an Xbox 360

Logged in on this account to play games on Windows

Logged in on this account when I got my Xbox One

Logged in and used Skype

Logged in on Windows on my partitioned Mac

Logged in on One Drive on my Phone

Bought a new Windows PC and logged in this week.

Now I am asked to change my details and wait 30 days. I find this incredibly fustrating as I want to set up secure features now so I can get the most out of my laptop as I will be WFH - but will be taking the laptop with me on occasions I do have to go out.

I have consistantly used this MS account on multiple devices and have already changed my number, but I guess it has different usages for changing numbers and changing it in one place doesnt in another?

Can somebody please remove the 30 day wait.

:)

DJ1982i, May 10, 2020

2. 30 day wait?

Hi,

I gave my Lumia 920 to my son to use, with the idea that I'll be able to activate Family Safety on the phone as I did on his tablet. I reset the phone and started to enter his Outlook.com credentials for the Microsoft account. But when the verification is
    done, it still wants to send the verification code to my cell number - and not his. I made sure that his SIM card is used, but it insisted to send the verification to my number. When I changed the security info to his number, it said that I'll have to wait
    30 days for the change to take affect.

I understand some of the logic behind the 30 day wait, but for two reasons it's totally impractical in my case:

1. I have control over the phone and accounts, so I should be able to decide what to active and when - not the system.

2. My son can only use the phone when I can monitor his internet access - he now has to wait 30 days before that can happen - total waste!

Thys

ThysMarais, May 10, 2020
  3. Agata J. Win User
    30 day wait?

Hi ThysMarais,

Thank you for your post on the forum.

I understand that the issue is related to the 30-day waiting period before security changes on your account will take place.

First of all, I wanted to send you a link on how to set up My Family on Windows Phone 8:

How to Set Up 'My Family' on Windows Phone 8! (A Guide)

Second of all, the 30-day waiting period is associated with the way Microsoft Account system is designed. Please contact Account Support at the below link for more information regarding this:

https://support.microsoft.com/getsu...e&wf=0&ccsid=635088579577783182&wa=wsignin1.0

I hope that helps.

Please write in this thread in case of further issues.

All the best,

Agata

Agata J., May 10, 2020
  4. DaveW62 Win User

30 Day Waiting Period

We moved, and I bought my wife a new Lumia 950. She was prompted to update her security info. She no longer has access to the old email so she indicated that. It blocker her with the well known "30 day waiting period." The period is supposed to end at the
    end of January, 2016.

She CAN send/receive email from her computer, but she CANNOT send/receive email from her Lumia 950. It just continues to give her errors saying that she needs to fix her settings, she needs to wait 30 days, etc.

The phone is having all kind of other major issues - won't download anything (possibly because the account issue, random "low storage" errors when there is plenty of storage.

DaveW62, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account 30 day wait - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account wait

2. Locked out of computer because of Microsoft 30 day wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer because of Microsoft 30 day wait: Im unable to do anything since in order to log into my computer its making me set up a pin and in order to set up a pin i need to log into Microsoft yet i dont have the number linked to it anymore so i requested to change it. The page has updated since and now it says “your...
  3. Locked out of computer because of Microsoft 30 day wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of computer because of Microsoft 30 day wait: Im unable to do anything since in order to log into my computer its making me set up a pin and in order to set up a pin i need to log into Microsoft yet i dont have the number linked to it anymore so i requested to change it. The page has updated since and now it says “your...
  4. Locked out of account, did the 30 day wait, now at square 1

Locked out of account, did the 30 day wait, now at square 1: Some time back I set up 2-factor authentication on my account, didn't realize the extreme importance of the recovery code that was presented, and promptly forgot my password. When I tried to reset, it became obvious this should be called 3-factor! Anyway, I went ahead and...
  5. 30 day wait for secondary email change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 day wait for secondary email change.: My laptop failed to start after a Windows update. I was then prompted for a 42 digit recovery key, which I had no idea about. I was advised to sign into my Microsoft account, which I had never used and didn't want. I eventually found my account email but had no idea what the...
  6. 30 day wait for secondary email change.

30 day wait for secondary email change.: My laptop failed to start after a Windows update. I was then prompted for a 42 digit recovery key, which I had no idea about. I was advised to sign into my Microsoft account, which I had never used and didn't want. I eventually found my account email but had no idea what the...
  7. 30 day wait for secondary email change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. 30 day wait period for number change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    30 day wait period for number change: I desperately need to login to my PC. We were attempting to problem solve the printer not communicating to the computer and we did a windows upgrade and restart. After the restart microsoft was asking for a verification pin that was going to an old number. When we attempted...
  9. what is the 30 day waiting period to change microsoft account info actually for

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the 30 day waiting period to change microsoft account info actually for: It is supposed to "deter hackers" but I think there is an ulterior motive here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-30-day-waiting-period-to-change/4724758f-1d06-4e03-99e4-8f375d8bcaa1
  10. 30 day wait can never be reached - Microsoft accounts blocked permanently -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    30 day wait can never be reached - Microsoft accounts blocked permanently -: Two days ago my recently purchased Microsoft Office was automatically given a software update by Microsoft which failed and destroyed my private pin number for opening Windows 10. I seem to have a similar problem with the passwords for my Microsoft accounts. I can still...