Windows 10: Microsoft account add device PC?

Discus and support Microsoft account add device PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition for my son and want to install it on his new gaming laptop. I do not see his laptop listed in the devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CoolDad1, Jul 9, 2021.

1. CoolDad1 Win User

Microsoft account add device PC?

I purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition for my son and want to install it on his new gaming laptop. I do not see his laptop listed in the devices registered to the Microsoft account. Every link I try that should lead me to adding the device to the account, only gives the same X-Box/Surface only options. I dont care about X-Box or surface, I just want to add his laptop to the devices so I can download the game I purchased, but I see absolutely no options to add non X-Box or surface tablets to listed devices. Am I missing something? This has been beyond frustrating. Can anyone please help me na

:)

CoolDad1, Jul 9, 2021
  2. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jul 9, 2021
  3. grumpgrin Win User
    Adding PC to Microsoft account list of devices

Hello,

I go into Microsoft account and look under list of devices and it tells me that there are no devices associated with the Microsoft Account. Really? That is strange because the PC I am using is signed in on the Microsoft account. Because the device is not
    listed, it is causing problems with some apps and stuff.

From support around adding devices, it would seem you can only add win 10 devices? So is this why my PC is invisible - because it is running 8.1?

By the way, I have tried waiting for 30 days and it does not automatically appear. I have also signed in with a local and then redone with a Microsoft account and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions please?

regards,

grumpgrin, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Too many devices in Microsoft Account

Hello JJ, Microsoft account add device PC? :)

Yep, that would be the reason why the PC is listed more than once as a device for your Microsoft account.

Each different computer name will be listed as a separate device.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the devices you want.

Microsoft Account - Remove Devices Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft account add device PC? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account add

2. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  3. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  4. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add device to Microsoft account: Unable to add device to Microsoft account. I'm having mutual issues. 1st: Bitlocker Recovery key. I don't have one. Was never issued one. I purchased this laptop on 10.01.2023.The store that I purchased the laptop from installed Microsoft but did not provide me with a...
  5. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add device to Microsoft account: Unable to add device to Microsoft account. I'm having mutual issues. 1st: Bitlocker Recovery key. I don't have one. Was never issued one. I purchased this laptop on 10.01.2023.The store that I purchased the laptop from installed Microsoft but did not provide me with a...
  6. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: i mistakenly deleted my second laptop from my microsft account and now I cant add it as a device when i follow the links and instructions it only allows you to add a microsoft device and not a device running m=windows 10, even though it was there before i mistakenly deleted...
  8. Add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add device to Microsoft account: I want to add my device laptop with windows 10 to my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-to-microsoft-account/045524a8-ae8c-4f2a-ad70-bd56c6194b60
  9. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: Trying to assign my son's Sony VAIO laptop to his Microsoft account, but the laptop device doesn't show up. I have logged him off, signed back in, downloaded an app from the app store and renamed the computer to no avail. Please help! This is getting very frustrating....
  10. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to add a device to Microsoft account: I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see it under my account. I followed some other indications to overcome this problem without luck, so I decided to delete the...