Windows 10: Microsoft account and 3G internet

Discus and support Microsoft account and 3G internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Since Windows 10 is out, I would love to update, but I have little issue. I already had it with Windows 8 and that is why I am back on 7. That is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SethNW, Aug 1, 2015.

1. SethNW Win User

Microsoft account and 3G internet

Hi

Since Windows 10 is out, I would love to update, but I have little issue. I already had it with Windows 8 and that is why I am back on 7. That is with connecting my account to Microsoft account. Problem I have is with internet connection. I use mobile internet via 3/4G on USB modem. When I turn on my PC, I don't have internet connection, because I must log in, start connection utility and connect to internet. With Windows 8, that pretty much locked me out, since I connected my account to MS account and it required internet access. So, can anyone tell me how Windows 10 is with this? Do I need to make 2 accounts, one local to connect, one MS? Not sure if it will disconnect me on user switching. Or did MS actually change anything since Win8 and I could log in without internet? I don't have any wireless nearby or way to get any other internet connection, because I live bit too far and no ISP offers service in my spot.

:)

SethNW, Aug 1, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

Windows store not working

Have you tried to manually synchronize your Microsoft account?

Settings -> email+accounts -> tap and hold on Microsoft account -> synchronize

Check if date and time setting are correct and change them to manual.

Change Internet connection from WiFi to 3G and vice versa.

93tid, Aug 1, 2015
  3. I cant update my phone

Have you tried to manually synchronize your Microsoft account?

Settings -> email+accounts -> tap and hold on Microsoft account -> synchronize

Check if date and time setting are correct and change them for manual.

Change Internet connection from WiFi to 3G and vice versa.

If nothing helps, you might need to do a Hard Reset.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 1, 2015
  4. SethNW Win User

Since no one replied, I might post my experience. I tried it and Windows 10 handled it quite well. Did full power off and modem reset and system would still allow me to log in.

Just in case anyone wonders, on setup I created first account, I kept that one offline. Then after first login, I created another one. Logged in to that one. Connected it to MS account, set PIN and that was it. Then I tested it. And after restart I could simply log in with PIN I set.

However, just in case, I would recommend people with same problem to keep one offline account just in case. I did not do any extensive testing. Just basic test.

SethNW, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft account and 3G internet - Similar Threads - Microsoft account internet

2. prestigio visconte 3 3g

in Windows 10 Gaming
    prestigio visconte 3 3g: i have prestigio multitab visconte 3 3g and i need original windows 8.1 or 10 iso 32 bit for that Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prestigio-visconte-3-3g/3e518ab5-0a7e-4016-8b18-5f8fb58192fd
  3. prestigio visconte 3 3g

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    prestigio visconte 3 3g: i have prestigio multitab visconte 3 3g and i need original windows 8.1 or 10 iso 32 bit for that Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prestigio-visconte-3-3g/3e518ab5-0a7e-4016-8b18-5f8fb58192fd
  4. prestigio visconte 3 3g

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 3g/4g adapter with SIM capabilties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3g/4g adapter with SIM capabilties: If I were to get a pay as you go mobile sim card, is it possible to use it for internet data and make phone calls/text + mobile data from a windows 10 pc? I know laptops sometimes have a 3g/4g hotspot as an option. I could emulate (or may wind up preferring) a android OS...
  6. Microsoft Account Sign-in no Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Account Sign-in no Internet Access: I have already posted the question here Whenever I try to sign in to Microsoft Account (like in Excel or store), I get no internet message even though I have access to internet. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 build 18362.175 Here's the overview of my problem. Notice...
  7. Cannot connect to internet with 3G dongle :ERROR ID 720

Cannot connect to internet with 3G dongle :ERROR ID 720: Why is it that on my Windows 10 PC, when I try to connect to the internet with a 3G dongle, it says : ERROR ID : 720. After I minute automate to connect to internet. However, the same dongle works fine on a PC running Windows 8.1 What does the error message mean? How do...
  8. Compulsory Updates on 3G only PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Compulsory Updates on 3G only PC?: Following on from this... I have at least 5 Windows 7 PCs in my house and one on my boat. I really don't want to have to download Windows several times, especially on the 3G only computer. *Eek I'm a bit concerned about the so called compulsory updates. I understand...
  9. Windows 10 & 3G Stick issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 & 3G Stick issue: Running Windows 10 Home on HP 655, having issues connecting Vodafone K4305 3G stick, it doesnt detect at all but detects on Windows 7 machine. Any idea what could be the issue? 44789
  10. Cheap solution for failover to 3G Internet?

Cheap solution for failover to 3G Internet?: Occasionally my Internet connection goes down for 30 seconds to a few minutes and occasionally longer than that but I'd like to maintain a connection to the Internet 24/7 for a few specific programs. Would it be possible to connect a 3G mobile data USB adapter to my PC which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account mi 3g