Windows 10: Microsoft account and deleting all settings of Windows 10 Preview

Discus and support Microsoft account and deleting all settings of Windows 10 Preview in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I am using an account with Microsoft Windows 10 Preview and I saved all settings in an account live.it. How do I delete all these settings so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by balubeto, Jun 22, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Microsoft account and deleting all settings of Windows 10 Preview

Hi

I am using an account with Microsoft Windows 10 Preview and I saved all settings in an account live.it.

How do I delete all these settings so that when will reinstall Windows 10 with the same Microsoft account, all the default settings remain?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Jun 22, 2015

2. Deleting all Microsoft account

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Are you using Microsoft account or Local account?

If you are using Microsoft account you need to use password.
    If you do not want to use password to login into Windows, create another Local account user, and use the account without having to enter the password.

Following is the link which explains about Microsoft Account and
    Local Account, please refer (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Refer to the below link on Can I sign in to Windows without password?
    (Applies to Windows 10 also)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Jun 22, 2015
  3. Deleting all Microsoft account

I have deleted my Microsoft account, but when I turn on my computer why do I still have to put my password? how do I delete all the Microsoft account stuff off my computer, I just want it the way it use to be.

AshleyStark _903, Jun 22, 2015
  4. Microsoft account and deleting all settings of Windows 10 Preview

Don't think you can delete them, but what should happen when you install windows is you get a prompt after entering your MS account info

Do you want to sync setting with 'list of machines currently syncing' to select which one
    or
    Set this machine up as a new machine

using the second will set it up with default settings

paulsalter, Jun 22, 2015
  5. balubeto Win User
    Ok.

If, instead, when I install a Windows 10 system, I create a local account and configure it and then turned it into a Microsoft account. At this point, how can I avoid that the settings are synchronized automatically when I finish this step and to synchronize the new settings that I had already set when I had the local account?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jun 22, 2015
  6. just been looking around on this

If you go to the onedrive website in your browser
    Then go to the Cog Wheel at the top right and select options
    If all goes well, down the left side should be an option for device backups
    Click this then select delete next to the backed up pc you want to remove

this is for win 8, so will be slightly different, but same principle
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...s-8-1-pcs.html

paulsalter, Jun 22, 2015
  7. balubeto Win User
    I performed your procedure via web, but OneDrive not find any backup device. So, where are the online settings that Windows 10 goes "fishing"?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jun 22, 2015
  8. Gramps Win User

Gramps, Jun 22, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 22, 2015
  10. Thanks for the 10 tutorial link, I missed that one when searching earlier *Redface

paulsalter, Jun 22, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    When I look at OneDrive Device Backup I see innotek GmbH (WIN-BQ9IMGT1KF5)

I have no idea what that is.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872 with a name of Laptop. Where did the above name come from?

Edit: I also have Win 10 IP running as a guest under Oracle VirtualBox.

Ztruker, Jun 23, 2015
  12. linw Win User
    That's probably the NSA machine*chuckle

13. swarfega Win User

Innotek make my external hard drive reader. Got anything like that?

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft account and deleting all settings of Windows 10 Preview - Similar Threads - Microsoft account deleting

2. How to delete Windows 10 Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to delete Windows 10 Microsoft account: [SIZE=2]Members Can someone please explain to me how I can delete my Microsoft account . I have been trying to deleted the password for several weeks and have not had any luck. I have tried several sites such as this one and the results are not any good. 174181
  3. How to delete Windows 10 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete Windows 10 Microsoft account: [SIZE=2]Members Can someone please explain to me how I can delete my Microsoft account . I have been trying to deleted the password for several weeks and have not had any luck. I have tried several sites such as this one and the results are not any good. 174181
  4. How to Delete all my microsoft accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Delete all my microsoft accounts: My account is so corrupted with stuff which is affecting how my PC runs, so I want to completely delete it. Then I want to reset my windows 10 and reinstall a fresh win 10. It seems you can't do much on window 10 if you don't have a Microsoft account. Is this true and if so...
  5. windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents: windows keeps deleting all my documents, accounts and settings. first questions is why, second question is how do I stop it from doing that? (without a hammer)...
  6. deleting a Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting a Microsoft account: How do I remove a Microsoft account? I created two and I don't use the other one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-microsoft-account/1ad02317-1e10-46b5-9b89-3401036a717d"
  7. Windows 10: Delete a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Delete a Microsoft account: I currently have two accounts in Settings > Accounts > Email and app accounts, one of them is under my phone number and one is under my email, I wish to combine them both but am currently waiting the 60 day period for my phone numbers account to be deleted which if possible I...
  8. Delete account in sync settings in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete account in sync settings in windows 10: I have an account in my sync settings in windows 10 that is not mine. How do I delete the account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-account-in-sync-settings-in-windows-10/87076e4b-159d-452a-98b8-8bb43afc4b9f
  9. Delete PINs for all accounts on Windows 10 workstation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete PINs for all accounts on Windows 10 workstation: We're rolling out Windows 10 Enterprise to the first batch of new computers. We tested PIN and fingerprint login on the reference computer. Before we capture an image of the reference computer, I want to delete the PIN and fingerprint signature for any and all user accounts...
  10. Delete Sync Settings for Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Sync Settings for Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft Account: How to: Delete Sync Settings for Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft Account How to Delete Sync Settings for Windows 10 Devices from your Microsoft Account When Microsoft account. The settings and app data you choose to sync are also saved in OneDrive (cloud). You...