Windows 10: Microsoft Account and family sharing issues

Discus and support Microsoft Account and family sharing issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son originally set-up an Xbox profile using his mothers email address. Subsequently, having grown he has a laptop and has also played xbox games on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JeremyNR, Feb 22, 2021.

1. JeremyNR Win User

Microsoft Account and family sharing issues

My son originally set-up an Xbox profile using his mothers email address. Subsequently, having grown he has a laptop and has also played xbox games on it.

Following the setup of family sharing for him and his brother, we have ended up a complete mess. His younger brother has a new profile, working well.

However having changed email on his profile, he was then registered on the old profile that his brother was using, with all his games and progress, but restrictions appropriate for a younger child.

He attempted to log out on his laptop and sign in on the profile with his email, but was not able.

He then deleted that profile and now is completed locked out of using his laptop...

I removed both of his profiles from family sharing after trying to grant more time, but am now informed that the account does not exit...

We are trying to do the right thing her and have invested serious time on this already. With him now completely locked out of his laptop and school tomorrow we are in need of urgent help.

Many thanks

:)

JeremyNR, Feb 22, 2021

2. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Microsoft Account and family sharing issues

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Account and family sharing issues

1. Microsoft Account and family sharing issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account family

2. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.: DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-family-sharing-microsoft-account/6cfaa671-9c73-46bb-a6dc-0ba002889acf
  3. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.: DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-family-sharing-microsoft-account/6cfaa671-9c73-46bb-a6dc-0ba002889acf
  4. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft family issues

Microsoft family issues: My daughter got signed out of her Microsoft account on her Windows 10 device. Since its parental managed, she needed to sign back in to be able to use the family features like requesting for more time. When trying to sign in, it needed the parents consent and hence requesting...
  6. How to share Minecraft with family accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to share Minecraft with family accounts: I Just purchased Minecraft on my primary account using the windows store. I swicthed accounts on the same computer to my childs account. I have him in my family group,I opened the windows store in his account to install Minecraft, but it's telling me to purchase again.How...
  7. Microsoft Family Account Password issue

Microsoft Family Account Password issue: Hello. I recently setup an old laptop of mine for an 8 year old to use. I made him an account with the Microsoft Family thing connected to my personal account so I could manage screen time, content etc. The laptop is running latest version of Win10 Pro. It is asking with a...
  8. Microsoft family accounts

Microsoft family accounts: Im Interested in usuing microsoft family to track the content accessed by my kids to prevent inappropriate content. But what if one of my kids simply creates a new microsoft account and logs onto the xbox on that new account? This new account would not he part of my microsoft...
  9. Family Account issue

Family Account issue: Hi. Have installed Adult and Child on my newly installed Windows 10 Home version. It is running with latest version (1903). When the Child requests to run an application in the excluded group (Chrome browser) the child initiates the message for the Adult to act on it. The...
  10. Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts: Hi everyone, Back in the day, I was able to share photos with my family using onedrive. It let me select their Microsoft Account and select view or edit. I've tried to do this with a photo album tonight, but the only option seems to be to share it with a link... i.e. no...