Windows 10: Microsoft account and pc set up

Discus and support Microsoft account and pc set up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a desktop pc with my microsoft account but it is essentially used as my childs gaming pc.I just bought a new laptop and when setting up I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Blitzer7, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Blitzer7 Win User

Microsoft account and pc set up

I have a desktop pc with my microsoft account but it is essentially used as my childs gaming pc.I just bought a new laptop and when setting up I thought I selected the option to not link/mirror the two pc's files.After set up I now have all of the gaming files on the new pc too.How can I now clean my new pc and have it dedicated to my work without impacting the original gaming pc? Should I factory reset the new pc and sign up with a new microsoft account on the new pc?

:)

Blitzer7, Jan 16, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Microsoft account set as a work account and a Microsoft Account

Hi Dean,

As per the description, I suggest that you sign out of one of the accounts and sign into the account again. This will help us to know if the account used in either of the account is not the same.

To sign-out of the Microsoft Account follow the steps below

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 16, 2022
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft account and pc set up - Similar Threads - Microsoft account set

2. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  3. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  4. Setting up pc account

Setting up pc account: I’m setting up my pc and instead of asking me the type of account the screen just says sign in for work or school account, but my account is a personal account so I can’t sign in....
  5. Setting up pc account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up pc account: I’m setting up my pc and instead of asking me the type of account the screen just says sign in for work or school account, but my account is a personal account so I can’t sign in....
  6. Setting up new Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  7. Setting up new Microsoft Account

Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  8. Microsoft account and pc set up

Microsoft account and pc set up: I have a desktop pc with my microsoft account but it is essentially used as my childs gaming pc.I just bought a new laptop and when setting up I thought I selected the option to not link/mirror the two pc's files.After set up I now have all of the gaming files on the new pc...
  9. PC set up with wrong Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC set up with wrong Microsoft account: Hi, My mum was trying to set up her new computer (Windows 10) and created a Microsoft account (not local). Then she realised that she could not log on to the computer and from what I could gather (I'm helping her remotely as I'm working overseas), I believe that she must...
  10. Should I set up a Local Account on PC as well as a Microsoft Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Should I set up a Local Account on PC as well as a Microsoft Account?: Hi, I sign into my PC with a Microsoft Account. What happens if something goes wrong and you cant get into the Microsoft Account for some reason meaning that you cant sign into the PC (if account gets hacked or something similar)? Is it also recommended to set up a Local...