Windows 10: Microsoft account and phone number linked

Discus and support Microsoft account and phone number linked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, If I start to use a Microsoft account in Windows 10, so I can use better the store and all the option related to it, but someone steal my pc... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pipppero2007, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Microsoft account and phone number linked

Hi all,

If I start to use a Microsoft account in Windows 10, so I can use better the store and all the option related to it, but someone steal my pc and steal my telephone card, this "someone" could have access to my Windows 10 by using my mobile number recovering my password?

Sorry for my english.

PS: if I start use the Store without a Microsoft account what are the things I lose?

:)

Pipppero2007, Mar 5, 2017
  2. 7thSense Win User

need help with syncing contacts to windows live from my windows phone (nokia lumia 800)

This is because the accounts get linked and shows the phone number from the Facebook account. This way the phone number will stay up-to-date even if the contact changes his/her number. This is one of the benefits of linking accounts.

There is currently no way to duplicate this information into your Microsoft account.

7thSense, Mar 5, 2017
  3. DenverB. Win User
    Lost microsoft account and phone number

Hi, Contacts save on your Microsoft account. If you can't access your Microsoft account, there is no way that you can get your contacts. To recover
    your old Microsoft account, you may try checking
    this
    . Enter your old Microsoft account, type the code and click next. On the next page, select I don't have any of these and click next. On the next page, enter an email address that's different from the one you're trying to recover and click next.
    Check the verification code sent to email address you have provided and enter the code to the next page and click verify.

DenverB., Mar 5, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft sends a text to the phone number with a code that you then have to enter to recover your password. They have to be able to receive the actual text message, not just have the phone number.

NavyLCDR, Mar 6, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
    Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

Kari, Mar 6, 2017
  6. It is possible for the stealer to get my email password used for the security auth that is stored in the windows or chrome or firefox cache?

it is possible for the stealer to force the windows account to retrive the password of it by connecting my hd to another computer running a software made for it or just running a live cd or pendrive with a such cracking sw?

thank you for your patience...

Pipppero2007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft account and phone number linked

1. Microsoft account and phone number linked - Similar Threads - Microsoft account phone

2. Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.: Hi,I am trying to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I am able to input my phone number and receive a code, but then keep getting an error message that says, "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This has been happening consistently for...
  3. Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.: Hi,I am trying to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I am able to input my phone number and receive a code, but then keep getting an error message that says, "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This has been happening consistently for...
  4. Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account: I wanna login my email microsoft, but i forget my phone number, so i dont get verification code. So i wanna change my number phone now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-phone-number-associate-with-microsoft/9222dd94-629c-4721-8b92-3e6f7066bc04
  6. Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account

Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account: I wanna login my email microsoft, but i forget my phone number, so i dont get verification code. So i wanna change my number phone now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-phone-number-associate-with-microsoft/9222dd94-629c-4721-8b92-3e6f7066bc04
  7. Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.

Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.: Windows 10 x64 pro and Phone Link app are up to date. Phone link is added a extra phone number when texting to users.If I send a text from phone galazy z fold 4 it goes out normally.Responses, etc.. all normal from phone.If I respond to that text via Phone Link , sometimes a...
  8. Want to change phone number in Microsoft account

Want to change phone number in Microsoft account: I want to replace my phone number in Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-phone-number-in-microsoft-account/1b9c7baf-ade0-4104-a0ab-e7290d9a94cd
  9. How to change phone number on Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change phone number on Microsoft account: I need to edit phone number on Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-phone-number-on-microsoft-account/5bab2d82-0fcc-4402-8c37-3c078713705c"
  10. How to change the phone number in Microsoft account?

How to change the phone number in Microsoft account?: Help me to change the phone number in Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-phone-number-in-microsoft/65a2affa-6350-4435-afb8-c3e88352ddae