Windows 10: Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working

Discus and support Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey Everyone Im a network (ssh) dude *Smile with a, what I feel a stupid problem I dont understand. I have 2-3 machines running Windows 10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jsoprano10, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working

Hey Everyone

Im a network (ssh) dude *Smile with a, what I feel a stupid problem I dont understand.

I have 2-3 machines running Windows 10 Enterprise and I love the synchronization of Windows settings (wallpaper and so on). Some weeks ago this all stopped. No matter where I change wallpaper or something else, nothing happens when I setup a new installation with same user account. Always worked perfect before.

The only thing that can have changed is that the company I work for are enrolling some services in Office 365, since I use the same email as login, could this have something to do with it ?

i have looked through everything else, also ran tool made by Microsoft I picked up in a other forum. This tool reported that it couldnt connect to sync services. Dont understand why.

If anyone could give med a hint I will really appreciate it. Thanks

Regards
    J.

:)

jsoprano10, Jan 5, 2017
  2. LZ.
    Lz. Win User

syncing contacts to one drive

@AnkurBhattacharya,

This is automatically done each time the Microsoft account you setup on your Windows Phone is synchronized (see frequency on Settings > email+accounts > tap Microsoft account ...).

If you want to force a synchronization: Settings > email+accounts > hold on Microsoft account > synchronize

To view your Contacts (in the Cloud) go to the People hub:
    https://people.live.com
    using the same Microsoft account credentials you use on your Windows Phone.

Cheers

3. Deuterio1 Win User
    Settings won't sync in Windows 10

Hi,

same problem here.

Synchronization stopped working since last December on all my devices (PC, notebook, and also smartphone).

Even if I sign in with my Microsoft account in a PC running a freshly installed copy of Windows 10 (or 8.1.) , the synchronization does not work.

Instead, with a different Microsoft account everything works perfectly on the same devices.

The problem affects:

- The account picture;

- Favorites of Internet Explorer and Edge;

- Desktop theme;

- Miscellaneous desktop preferences.

About this issue, you can read my post (with some technical details) at the end of this thread:

Microsoft Account Settings cannot be synchronized any more

please, check if your Event Viewer logs contain the same errors that I reported in the above post.

Thank you.

D

Deuterio1, Jan 5, 2017
  4. Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working

Welcome to the TenForums.

Came across this article. Last sentence I thought was relevant given you said you changed companies.

It says "your organization might not allow this feature."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...ows-10-devices

Worth asking your Server team or worse Security team is they have limited this facility with the roll out of Office 365. I could see it as you wouldn't necessarily want corporate files being outside the "four wall".

Caledon Ken, Jan 9, 2017
  5. Agreed, but it seems the article then means I shouldn't have the sync settings available. Like when disabling something with group policy.

jsoprano10, Jan 9, 2017
  6. Not sure in "Corporate" installed software on your device or if MS provided a way to disable at account level, somewhere in back end.

Still worth asking. If they say yes we shut it off you can pursue how. If they said we didn't know we could then you can chase down bad behavior.

Caledon Ken, Jan 9, 2017
  7. SJMaye Win User
    I have been having this exact same issue. Ran the MS tool mentioned and got "can't connect to the sync service". The computer is my home computer. I have checked and it is set to sync. I get an annoying pop-up asking me to re-enter my PIN. I do so (seemingly successfully) only to have it pop-up again the next day.

Is there something else I can do to fix this?

SJMaye, Jan 11, 2017
  8. Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working

SJMaye, are you also using a corporate 365 license or is yours just a home with no association to anything other than your own environment.

Read one article and it suggested setting feedback and diags to Full. Any chance posters have blocked somewhat or totally.

Worth a test for a couple of days. Settings => Privacy => Feedback & Diagnostics (down lefthand side), under heading Diagnostic and Usage data, select Full.

It is just a test.

Caledon Ken, Jan 11, 2017
  9. SJMaye Win User
    My version of is Windows 10 Home. Nothing to do with a corporation. This version of Win10 Home is an upgrade from my retail purchase of Win7 Home.

That said, when I go to try your suggestion I cannot change to full. It is stuck on Basic and unable to select anything else. There is a note on top of that window stating, "Some settings are managed by your organization". I have no idea what organization it is referring to.

SJMaye, Jan 11, 2017
  10. Any chance those with error are running Bit-Defender? Appears Bit defender has profiles, one called Work and this can have a trickle down effect, if you believe what you read on the Internet. DoNotSpy also causes this so any third party "Privacy" programs running.

Read as well control panel => System and Security => System, on right side of screen, click "Change Settings". On the computer name tab, are you able to click Network Id box. If so click box "this is a home computer;It's not part of a business network."

This thread is about syncing not working. Likely it is just a symptom of the root cause, that being the system thinks you are part of an organization. Searching "Some settings are managed by your organization" raises all kinds of issues from updates, locks screens etc. Everything point to Group Policies but Home users don't get Group Policy editors. People point to registry edits.

Caledon Ken, Jan 12, 2017
  11. SJMaye Win User
    I am running Bitdefender, but not DoNotSpy. The networkID box is grayed out. See pic. Can't do anything with it. Seems I had more problems than I thought.

Microsoft Account and  settings synchronization not working [​IMG]

SJMaye, Jan 12, 2017
  12. Caledon Ken, Jan 12, 2017
  13. SJMaye Win User

Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working

I read the link. I think I understand. It refers to profiles in BitDefender. I am running the free edition and see nothing regarding profiles. Not to worry, though. I think I will be uninstalling BD anyway.

Thanks for your help.

SJMaye, Jan 12, 2017
  14. One of my server guys told me my problem is releated to the fact that we are not using Active Directory premium. I have to create another login to sync the settings. A bummer to keep another account just for this.

jsoprano10, Jan 18, 2017
  15. Actually it seems like the problem has nothing to do with Office 365, my company had a "Office Web App Server" with a expired certificate. When this problem was corrected because of something else, my sync started working again.
    It never crossed my mind that this could be the reason.

jsoprano10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working

1. Microsoft Account and settings synchronization not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account settings

2. Can't synchronize to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't synchronize to Microsoft account: Hi, I'm Marisa. I have a problem about my sticky notes can not sync to microsoft account. Is there any suggestion to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-synchronize-to-microsoft-account/766e433a-17fa-4723-947c-06994d1cb83d
  3. Can't synchronize to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't synchronize to Microsoft account: Hi, I'm Marisa. I have a problem about my sticky notes can not sync to microsoft account. Is there any suggestion to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-synchronize-to-microsoft-account/766e433a-17fa-4723-947c-06994d1cb83d
  4. Is OneDrive working? I cannot synchronize my account

Is OneDrive working? I cannot synchronize my account: I have uninstalled the latest update of Windows but it's not seems be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-working-i-cannot-synchronize-my/640196a7-21d0-4c63-a4d7-c62fff8306bd
  5. Is OneDrive working? I cannot synchronize my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is OneDrive working? I cannot synchronize my account: I have uninstalled the latest update of Windows but it's not seems be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-working-i-cannot-synchronize-my/640196a7-21d0-4c63-a4d7-c62fff8306bd
  6. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Host Process for Setting Synchronization: I noticed this morning for the first time that Host Process for Setting Synchronization is running. It's at the top of Disk and CPU in Task Manager and has been for a couple of hours. Here's the thing - I don't have any other devices; it's just me and my desktop. So why is...
  7. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process for Setting Synchronization: I noticed this morning for the first time that Host Process for Setting Synchronization is running. It's at the top of Disk and CPU in Task Manager and has been for a couple of hours. Here's the thing - I don't have any other devices; it's just me and my desktop. So why is...
  8. Host Process for Setting Synchronization

9. Microsoft Windows 10 Mail not synchronizing with gmail account

Microsoft Windows 10 Mail not synchronizing with gmail account: My gmail account is not synchronizing on my computer using Windows 10 Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-mail-not-synchronizing-with/db885d59-262a-48ba-8a35-5e0e999185b6
  10. settings synchronization not working ?!?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    settings synchronization not working ?!?!: here it is what i did. - updated to w10 - configurated my account (theme, start, apps, etc...). the account is a microsoft account, it has been validated too. - reinstalled w10 from usb, fresh install - recreated the account - logged with the same microsoft account,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account windows sync settings not working