Windows 10: Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users

Discus and support Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am a father that has a 16 y/o son. So when I set up his xbox account, he used my microsoft account. I have several files on my one drive and keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MatthewGoode1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users

I am a father that has a 16 y/o son. So when I set up his xbox account, he used my microsoft account. I have several files on my one drive and keep changing my password effecting my son's xbox account.

Moved from: Office / OneDrive with Office / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

MatthewGoode1, Oct 10, 2018

2. Admin user account changed after streaming game in Xbox from different user account

Hi Eric,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know are you logged-in using Microsoft account?

Let’s try simple steps and check if that helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest to convert the current user account to the local user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Once you are done converting to local user account, convert your local user account to Microsoft account. Follow the above steps skip step 3 and click on
    Your email and accounts and click on Sign-in with a Microsoft account instead. Enter the
    password, click on Next and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into Microsoft account.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users

Microsoft account on desktop,laptop, and xbox one

Hi,

To correct the issue, we suggest you to perform the steps below:

• Press Windows log key + S.
    • Type User Accounts and click on it from the result.
    • Click on Manage Another Account.
    • If your son's account appears there, you can remove it and retain your account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users

1. Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users - Similar Threads - Microsoft account xbox

2. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  3. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  4. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  5. How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account: I don’t know how it happened but my son’s email account is now linked to my Microsoft account. In other words, we have two email accounts linked to the same Microsoft accounts. I want to separate our accounts. I tried to create another account for him but it is impossible...
  6. Separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  7. Separate microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Separate microsoft accounts?: I run a desktop pc and two laptops. Each has a legal, registered copy of windows 10. Do I need a separate Microsoft account for each machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-microsoft-accounts/3c4ec76b-4a44-44db-b55d-cf5e10258b93"
  8. Setting up a separated user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up a separated user account: Kind of a weird question, though I'm sure you can guess what I'm asking about. Is there a way to create a user account that is hidden from the other users on a computer, or at least hidden from the initial login screen? Even more preferable, though I'm sure probably not...
  9. System Image with separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image with separate user accounts: Just a quick question. Can I make a system image of recent Windows 10 install which has been set up with two user accounts (one is a child's account) with their own different set-ups, programs etc. If so - which account do I use to select to make a system image from. Just...
  10. Sharing single Onedrive account with two users, keep data separate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing single Onedrive account with two users, keep data separate: Hello. When I sync onedrive, it creates all of the directories of My Documents in the root of it. I share onedrive with my daughter and would like to clean up the root. is is possible to have the PC may a My Docs type dir and then populate it with all of the dirs and files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. separate xbox account from microsoft account

2. can i separate xbox and hotmail accounts

3. why is my hotmail account separate from my xbox account

4. seperate xbox account on windows ,
  5. put xbox on seperate microsoft account,
  6. do i need seperate accounts for xbox,
  7. two separate windows with same microsoft account,
  8. how to separate my xbox account,
  9. logging into xbox with 2 separate accounts,
  10. can i separate xbox accounts,
  11. can i login to 2 seperate xbox,