Windows 10: Microsoft account asks for a code?

Discus and support Microsoft account asks for a code? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, and I want to retrieve my recovery key from my Microsoft account. Under aka.ms/myrecoverykey. The problem is that I can't get to it because... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chill344, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Chill344 Win User

Microsoft account asks for a code?

Hello,

and I want to retrieve my recovery key from my Microsoft account. Under aka.ms/myrecoverykey. The problem is that I can't get to it because after logging in I am asked for a code, but I didn't get a code? And if I press I don't have a code, it says that this option is not available because of security information. I just want my recovery key, what kind of code do they expect if I don't get one?

:)

Chill344, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Every day am asked to re-enter Microsoft Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Convert Microsoft Account to Local account and restart the system and again try to convert Local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

• Go to All settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Sign in with Local account instead and follow the on screen instructions.

• And again change it Microsoft account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Microsoft account asks for a code?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account asks for a code?

1. Microsoft account asks for a code? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account asks

2. Asked for account code after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asked for account code after factory reset: I performed a factory reset on a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 and then proceeded to sell it. However, when the person I sold it to tried to use it, he was given a username "defaultuser01" for which he was requested a code in the Command prompt. I am not aware of any...
  3. Asked for account code after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asked for account code after factory reset: I performed a factory reset on a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 and then proceeded to sell it. However, when the person I sold it to tried to use it, he was given a username "defaultuser01" for which he was requested a code in the Command prompt. I am not aware of any...
  4. Asked for account code after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. i cant sign in into my microsoft account because it keep asking for password/code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant sign in into my microsoft account because it keep asking for password/code: everytime i try to signing in wether it from using a code from a gmail or a password it just keep repeating the process to the beginning, so after i put my password/code it just asking me to put in the password/code again non stop, i really have no idea what happend...
  6. i cant sign in into my microsoft account because it keep asking for password/code

i cant sign in into my microsoft account because it keep asking for password/code: everytime i try to signing in wether it from using a code from a gmail or a password it just keep repeating the process to the beginning, so after i put my password/code it just asking me to put in the password/code again non stop, i really have no idea what happend...
  7. windows 11 ask for microsoft account

windows 11 ask for microsoft account: hello i have install a new laptop for a friend and it was working fine with a local user today when she start it it ask for a microsoft account that she dont have what i can do without having the laptop in front of me ?Thanks '...
  8. windows 11 ask for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 ask for microsoft account: hello i have install a new laptop for a friend and it was working fine with a local user today when she start it it ask for a microsoft account that she dont have what i can do without having the laptop in front of me ?Thanks '...
  9. Microsoft Authenticator asking for a QR Code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator asking for a QR Code: Hello, I am trying to activate Microsoft Authenticator on my phone and when I go to add a school or google mail account I am asked to enter a QR code instead of being asked for the email address and password combination....
  10. Microsoft account keeps asking to verify

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account keeps asking to verify: About every 12 to 24 hours, a notification appears in the bottom right of my screen to verify my identity. If I click it, it leads me to the picture below. I have done this 10 times. Any ides? 26180