Windows 10: Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue

Discus and support Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change the Microsoft account associated with the administrator account on my laptop. I have tried to look for solutions, but what I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pxl269, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Pxl269 Win User

Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue

I want to change the Microsoft account associated with the administrator account on my laptop. I have tried to look for solutions, but what I have found is mostly just make another account and turn it into an admin account or reset the laptop. I want to keep all my files since they are all school files, and I would prefer to not have to reinstall all of my apps. I just need to change the Microsoft account since it is not mine it's my sibling's account. How do I switch the Microsoft account associated with the administrator.

:)

Pxl269, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue :(

Zakin, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hello @Converseallstar95, Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue :)

Could it be that the built-in Administrator may just be signed in to the Store app with the Microsoft account?

If so, then you could reset the "Microsoft Store" app back to default to see if that may remove the association.

*Arrow Reset App in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

If not, then check to see if it may be listed using step 3 in Option Two below, and can be removed.

*Arrow Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app Browsers Email Tutorials

Brink, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft account associated

2. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  3. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  4. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account is associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. The local account is mine and contains all my applications, settings, preferences and hours of customisation. This association was formed without my consent simply...
  6. Administrator Account Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Issue: I had a computer that I upgraded to Windows 10 and removed all but one user account. There is no guest account showing in my users, but I just discovered that all my administrative information is being stored as Guest. I can't figure out how to transfer that information to my...
  7. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account appears to be associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. This results in : 1 my son's email address appearing under "Your Info" 2 my PC being subject to my son's screen time via "Family" settings. Under...
  8. Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10.: Hi there! I'm hoping someone can help me. My partner has Windows 10 on his laptop, but had no Microsoft account of his own. He needed use of one for something I forget what and so I signed him in with mine. However, since then we have created an account for him....
  9. administrator account issues

administrator account issues: Hello, so I cannot get anybody on the phone for the life of me and the virtual assistant is zero help EVER! Anyways, I have been having issues for quite some time and failed to get any help. I have triple checked to see if I'm correct and it says that I am the administrator...
  10. Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account.

Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account.: I reinstalled Windows 10 and signed in with my Microsoft account. But I have to sign out and then into the administrator to do anything. I've made my Microsoft account administrator too, but I can't do everything the admin can. What do I need to copy to the admin so that I...