Windows 10: Microsoft account cannot add or find new device

Discus and support Microsoft account cannot add or find new device in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop has Win 10 Pro It came already installed Just purchased a new laptop with Win 10 Home installed Trying to update the laptop to Win 10 Pro,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PENicholson, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Microsoft account cannot add or find new device

My desktop has Win 10 Pro It came already installed Just purchased a new laptop with Win 10 Home installed Trying to update the laptop to Win 10 Pro, but microsoft does not see, cannot find the laptop by serial number. Any help appreciated.

:)

PENicholson, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Microsoft account cannot add or find new device :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jul 17, 2021
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 17, 2021
  4. flemmingk Win User

Microsoft account cannot add or find new device

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft account cannot add or find new device

1. Microsoft account cannot add or find new device - Similar Threads - Microsoft account cannot

2. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  3. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  4. Cannot add a device to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot add a device to my microsoft account: My microsoft account is not showing all the computers linked to my account.Microsoft's advice is:"Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, select Don't see your device?, then follow the instructions." - Don't see your device - does not exist on the device page of my microsoft...
  5. Microsoft account cannot add or fin new device

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account cannot add or fin new device: My desktop has Win 10 Pro It came already installed Just purchased a new laptop with Win 10 Home installed Trying to update the laptop to Win 10 Pro, but microsoft does not see, cannot find the laptop by serial number. Any help appreciated. 182662
  6. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: i mistakenly deleted my second laptop from my microsft account and now I cant add it as a device when i follow the links and instructions it only allows you to add a microsoft device and not a device running m=windows 10, even though it was there before i mistakenly deleted...
  7. Cannot add device to Microsoft account as serial number not recognised

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add device to Microsoft account as serial number not recognised: Bought a new laptop today and tried to add the device to my microsoft account. Entered the serial number but its not recognised. Serial number is definitely correct as copied from device. Any ideas?...
  8. Add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add device to Microsoft account: I want to add my device laptop with windows 10 to my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-to-microsoft-account/045524a8-ae8c-4f2a-ad70-bd56c6194b60
  9. add device to microsoft account

add device to microsoft account: Trying to assign my son's Sony VAIO laptop to his Microsoft account, but the laptop device doesn't show up. I have logged him off, signed back in, downloaded an app from the app store and renamed the computer to no avail. Please help! This is getting very frustrating....
  10. Cannot add device to my microsoft account

Cannot add device to my microsoft account: I have tried to add my current device to my Microsoft account several times. Each time I sign my Microsoft account out and resign in, it will still not find my device despite me having signed in with my Microsoft account. How can I fix this issue as I cannot download any apps...