Windows 10: Microsoft account causing chrome to stop working

Discus and support Microsoft account causing chrome to stop working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to boot up chrome when on my Microsoft account chrome will instantly close. I'm not sure how this happened as one day it was working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rawkin2, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Rawkin2 Win User

Microsoft account causing chrome to stop working

Whenever I try to boot up chrome when on my Microsoft account chrome will instantly close. I'm not sure how this happened as one day it was working and now suddenly it wont. It has to be my account as I've tried it on different devices to the same result however when I log into someone else's account I can use chrome but it still wont work when I'm logged in. Is there any way I can go about fixing this?

:)

Rawkin2, Oct 14, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Google Chrome in your Child account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the error message that you receive when launching Google Chrome?

Ideally, when a child account is setup and the child tries to access Google Chrome, they get a permission prompt and the Parent has to provide the permission.

One of the things you can do is check if Google Chrome is blocked for the child account. To do this, refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 14, 2021
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Microsoft account causing chrome to stop working

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft account causing chrome to stop working

1. Microsoft account causing chrome to stop working - Similar Threads - Microsoft account causing

2. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks: I recently changed the alias for my Microsoft account and also changed the email for security verification. Unfortunately, somehow that caused my Chrome bookmarks to revert to bookmarks that I had as of about 1 year ago. In other words, bookmarks I've added over the past 12...
  3. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks: I recently changed the alias for my Microsoft account and also changed the email for security verification. Unfortunately, somehow that caused my Chrome bookmarks to revert to bookmarks that I had as of about 1 year ago. In other words, bookmarks I've added over the past 12...
  4. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sound in Chrome Stops Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound in Chrome Stops Working: Hello,I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue, or a Windows issue with Chrome. The problem I'm having is weird. Audio in Chrome will work, and then stop. As an example: If I go to YouTube and pick a video from the home page ONLY and play it, the audio will work just fine....
  6. Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account: Hello, I just built a new PC and after setting up windows from a USB drive, I am not able to use the Microsoft Store App. Every time I attempt to open it, it starts up with the windows bag logo, and the next second it just closes. I have tried many of the solutions on here...
  7. Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome not working with Microsoft Family Account: Windows 10 laptop. Parent and child both with Microsoft accounts. Child account will not open Chrome at all. I tried switching child account to "local" account and that works, but now I can't apply screen limits that only apply through Microsoft Family settings. I have...
  8. Scrolling stops working on Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling stops working on Chrome: I've been having an issue on my Surface Book 2 where after a while in Chrome, 2 finger scrolling through the touchpad on a webpage just stops working and in order to get it to work again, I need to switch to another tab then back. I was wondering if anyone had any insights...
  9. does microsoft work for chrome?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does microsoft work for chrome?: will microsoft work with chrome cause it doesn't seam to work at all i have no idea i downloaded it and it took like half an hour when i finish it said "please download a app on chrome webstore to use this" i do not know why its not working please help me out! Thank you *...
  10. microsoft account causes keyboard lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft account causes keyboard lock: i have a new toshiba satellite c70 d-b- 10u and it works ok in both W8.1 or upgraded to W10 until i log in via my microsoft account it then locks the keyboard.........if have factory reset back to 8.1 and upgraded to 10 with a new log in.....works ok, log into microsoft...