Windows 10: Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?

Discus and support Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My mail address is going away; it is my Microsoft Account login id. How do I change it? I have already added the new address and made it my primary... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dave Levy in London, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?

My mail address is going away; it is my Microsoft Account login id. How do I change it?

I have already added the new address and made it my primary address

Dave

NB Finding a Category for this wasn't necessarily simple

:)

Dave Levy in London, Mar 17, 2020

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Mar 17, 2020
  3. sigi08 Win User
    Win 10 change Microsoft account

Hi
    is it possible to change the Windows 10 Microsoft account to a new one?
    During upgrade from Windows 7 the requested Microsoft account was not created correctly.
    The filled in MS account does NOT exists! Account could not verified.
    I created an alias account for the primary account. By mistake - I assumed there will be a new Outlook.com/Live account created - I filled in another not existing Microsoft account.
    During startup/login this new alias account is shown and I can login to W10 correctly.
    But I cannot change to another (alias) existing Microsoft account.

• Is there a way to change the primary MS account?

Thank you for your help in advance.
    Sigi

sigi08, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?

how to change local account to Microsoft account

Hi Linda,

To change your login settings from local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu and select Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type the details for your Microsoft Account.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?

1. Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account changing

2. Cannot login to the gmail account with the mail that microsoft uses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to the gmail account with the mail that microsoft uses: Hello,My brother recently bought 3 laptops for his children, all with newest windows 11 installed. He had to create each of them a microsoft account, so he did that. The mail that is used in each of the accounts is for example *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  3. Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias: Hi Experts,Mi Microsoft account is linked to a hotmail address that I never use. I tried to change it to my gmail account, but all I get is an alias. I can login to my Ms account using the gmail address as a username, but the password is still that of the hotmail account I...
  4. Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias: Hi Experts,Mi Microsoft account is linked to a hotmail address that I never use. I tried to change it to my gmail account, but all I get is an alias. I can login to my Ms account using the gmail address as a username, but the password is still that of the hotmail account I...
  5. Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. e mail accounts and microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    e mail accounts and microsoft accounts: It is so tiring that every time I use an account that signing in is so much bs . Every time I try to enter your company says I'm wrong . So I enter it again , again you tell me I'm wrong . No darn way . I have been working this problem for several days . You just will not let...
  7. Microsoft account mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account mail: Unable to access my hotmail address or my hotmail using an alias since the win10 update wiped out my computers. My alias and original password work but no email. My original address no longer exists but if I try to re-register I am told it is in use. One of my computers has...
  8. Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account: I bought a Surface Pro 7 that had Windows 10 home. I want to use it for business with my Office 365 for business. I upgraded the Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro. It still wants my Microsoft Account for home username and password, and does not recognize my work Microsoft...
  9. Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login: Hello, I have seen this question asked over the last few years, but have no seen a satisfactory answer. I want to change the password I use to log into Windows 10 on my laptop. This password is different from my Microsoft Account password. I do not want to change my...
  10. Login Account Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Account Changed: On my home PC to which I only have access, following the installation of an update, my login account was changed from myself to Other User. I have set my account to bypass the requirement to enter a password by using netplwiz, but now the computer defaults to Other User. I...