Windows 10: Microsoft Account clean install for Dual Boot Machine question.

Discus and support Microsoft Account clean install for Dual Boot Machine question. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If I do a clean install of windows 10 on a dual boot partition will it be activated with my Microsoft Account that I been using as a windows insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by almondman, Aug 2, 2015.

1. almondman Win User

Microsoft Account clean install for Dual Boot Machine question.

If I do a clean install of windows 10 on a dual boot partition will it be activated with my Microsoft Account that I been using as a windows insider with a Windows 10 installation on a hyper-v machine?

:)

almondman, Aug 2, 2015
  2. MaxMl123 Win User

Two digital entitlements/licenses (Home + Pro) for one machine?

Thank you for your answer. Sorry it took me some time to get back here.

Unfortunately I'm not sure whether the answer fits my question. Maybe I should have asked more precisely.

I want to make an additional clean install of 10 Pro (not an upgrade, and not dual-booting) on a machine that already has 10 Home on it, and am hoping that I can keep the digital license for Home in my MS account to use it as a 'fallback' when the Pro (retail)
    license is needed for another machine in the future. So there has been one upgrade 8.1 Core > 10 Home, and there will be a complete wipe of the drive and a clean install of 10 Pro (with 7 Pro key). 2 separate digital licenses on MS's server?

This:

reads like it may work this way, or OTOH it may not: My case is not dual-boot, and I'm overwriting the complete prior installation (did you mean installation or license?) of Home.

I won't have a 10 (Home or Pro) key for reinstall (7 or 8 keys won't work anymore, I assume). It all depends on the digital licenses on MS's servers being kept separate (or not) for the same hardware, but different W10 editions.

MaxMl123, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows Defender Will Not Start This operation returned because the timeout period expired W10

Nope - None. Started as a Clean install on a Win 8.1 partition on a dual boot (Win7/Win8) machine. Used Windows Defender on the Win 8.1 partition, Upgraded to Win 10, After the Upgrade Windows Defender stopped working.

Fixed it by copying ALL Windows Defender files in my son's win 10 machine, and dual booted my machine in to Win 7, and then copied my sons files in the Windows Defender Directory on the Win 10 partition.

Worked, But not really a portable solution.

doug_Some_Ramdom_Number, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Account clean install for Dual Boot Machine question.

1. Microsoft Account clean install for Dual Boot Machine question. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account clean

2. Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines: Hello, I tried searching for an answer but I could not find one. I'm trying to figure out if I combine some hard drives and create a storage space will these drives be accessible from a Linux or macOS partition? Thank you!! submitted by /u/prjoni99 [link] [comments]...
  3. Dual boot question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot question: I want to install Windows on an SSD with Linux already installed in it. However, whenever I do so, it stops with an error - Windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted as NTFS. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32, and restart the installation. What to...
  4. Clean install with Microsoft Account question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install with Microsoft Account question: Hi all, When clean installing using a Microsoft Account how does Windows 10 handle your favourites/bookmarks? I have syncing turned on. During a clean installation are my favourites/bookmarks automatically restored back in to the Edge browser during the setup process or do...
  5. Clean Install on Virtual Machine - fundamental question...

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clean Install on Virtual Machine - fundamental question...: Hi guys, This is hopefully a simple one to answer: If I set up a brand new Windows 10 VM (using VirtualBox) and perform a clean install of Win 10 Pro 64-bit (via the latest 1511 ISO image), at what stage will I need to activate Windows? Bearing in mind that this is a...
  6. Dual Boot Question

Dual Boot Question: I have a dual boot with two SSD's. Both hadW10 pro version 1607. I recently opgraded both to 1703 (creatorupdate). I adjusted the boot order with EasyBCD 2.3 Although again dual boot performs well,something has changed. Formerly, after booting, the boot sequence...
  7. Dual Boot Question

Dual Boot Question: I wanted to update and run a dual boot on 2 separate ssd's. The original ssd has 8.1, and I tried to do an install using an ISO file I made of 10 on the other ssd but could not get past the authentication code since it would not accept my code for windows 8.1. After several...
  8. dual boot question

dual boot question: Thank you for taking the time to read this. I currently have a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and Linux Mint. The upgrade to Win 10 is ready. Will the upgrade destroy my boot sector ? If it does, will I be able to re-install Linux after upgrading to Win 10 from Windows 7?...
  9. Dual Boot question

Dual Boot question: Hi, I have set a dual boot config, on a laptop with W 7 x64 preinstalled. Laptop has one disk drive, before dual boot, with 3 primary partitions, from left to right, in Computer Management: 1. Recovery OEM primary 15 GB 2. System Reserved 100 MB primary (70 MB free)...
  10. Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install

Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install: Hello, I recently upgraded my one laptop to windows 10 and thought I was doing a clean install but did not and wound up doing a restore that deleted everything. I downloaded windows 10 via the media creation tool in hopes of doing a clean install to my other laptop. I have...