Windows 10: Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account

Discus and support Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mgregchi, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Mgregchi Win User

Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account

Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I then logged in, later find another account with my Microsoft account Full name below my local admin account mgreg. Now my files are shared between this two accounts, some to my original local admin account mgreg and others to the new Microsoft account with my full namewhich I was forced to sign in and has more of m

:)

Mgregchi, Nov 19, 2021
  2. NickTh Win User

MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Nov 19, 2021
  3. Fortitude Win User
    Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Based on the last two postings above:

I now have accounts as follows.
    A Microsoft acct, Admin (as created during Windows installation) - my installed programs are in this account.
    B Microsoft acct, Admin (I created it after Windows installation) - doesn't have any programs in it.

What I should like to have:

1. Convert B from Microsoft acct to a local acct, keep Admin rights
    2. Convert A from Admin to a standard user, keep Microsoft acct

What do you suggest is the right sequence and steps to achieve the above?

Fortitude, Nov 19, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account - Similar Threads - Microsoft account conflict

2. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  3. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  4. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  5. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  6. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Account Conflict

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Conflict: After recent Windows 10 update my pc signs in with my work account and not personal. I don't just want to switch accounts, I only want one account on this pc. When I go to account info, it gives my name and my work email address and marked as administrator. I do not want...
  8. Local Admin Account hijacked by child's Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Admin Account hijacked by child's Microsoft account: Hi, When we originally set up our shared home computer, we set it up with just a local account because we didn't feel it necessary for each of the 5 people in our house to have to log in separately. But when my 12 year old daughter created a Microsoft account for a game or...
  9. admin accounts (local or Microsoft?)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin accounts (local or Microsoft?): Hi I have used Win 10 since it came out and in general, I'm happy with it. Is there a difference in system access rights given to a local account administrator as compared to an Microsoft account based logon to an admin account? The reason I ask is that I only have one log...
  10. local account converted to Microsoft acct., is there a way to reverse?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    local account converted to Microsoft acct., is there a way to reverse?: my local admin account was converted into a Microsoft account , is there a way of reverse it ? Less than one month ago Windows 10 Pro was installed. Let me explain you that there was already a windows 8 installation with kernel corrupted , version 10 recovered all exactly as...