Windows 10: Microsoft Account Contact number is incorrect, and I cannot change it

Discus and support Microsoft Account Contact number is incorrect, and I cannot change it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I log onto my Microsoft account, Your Info, Contact Info, the number is one I have never seen before. If I go onto the Security it has my correct... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RussBroker, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account Contact number is incorrect, and I cannot change it

When I log onto my Microsoft account, Your Info, Contact Info, the number is one I have never seen before. If I go onto the Security it has my correct mobile. Why aren't these linked? And how can I edit the incorrect one?

:)

RussBroker, Feb 8, 2019

2. How to transfer the contact numbers safely without using microsoft account

Hi... I forgot my microsoft password and tried to recover it, but unfortunately unable to recover the password bcoz of insufficient information. So Microsoft team requested me to create the new account. So i have created the new account with new credentials..
    And to login with new microsoft account, i have to do reset my phone, but before doing reset i just want to take my contact numbers from my phone safely... So after reset the phone, when i will be try to login with my new Microsoft account i should not miss
    any of the contact numbers. Could you plz suggest me with step by step instructions how to do tat??

SangeethaRajagopal, Feb 8, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Microsoft Account Contact number is incorrect, and I cannot change it

How to change phone number associated with a microsoft account

Hi,

Phone number is one of your security info, which is only used to verify your identity if you're accessing sensitive personal information or if we detect a problem with your account.
    To change the phone number associated with your Microsoft account, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• First, go to the
      Security basics
      page and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select Update info.
    • Select Add security info. then follow the instructions to enter your email or phone number.
    • We'll send a security code to that new email or phone number. Enter that security code, and press
      Next. Your new security info will appear in you list.

Check this
    link
    for Security info & security codes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Account Contact number is incorrect, and I cannot change it

1. Microsoft Account Contact number is incorrect, and I cannot change it - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Contact

2. OW DO I CONTACT MICROSOFT TO CHANGE THE LINKED NUMBER TO MY PNONE NUMBER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OW DO I CONTACT MICROSOFT TO CHANGE THE LINKED NUMBER TO MY PNONE NUMBER?: I cannot get into my laptop as it is asking for a PIN which i dont know. It is no longer asking for password which Ive done for years. It offers to send a message to the linked phone BUT this is a land line number therefore it cannot receive textsHOW DO I CONTACT MICROSOFT TO...
  3. OW DO I CONTACT MICROSOFT TO CHANGE THE LINKED NUMBER TO MY PNONE NUMBER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OW DO I CONTACT MICROSOFT TO CHANGE THE LINKED NUMBER TO MY PNONE NUMBER?: I cannot get into my laptop as it is asking for a PIN which i dont know. It is no longer asking for password which Ive done for years. It offers to send a message to the linked phone BUT this is a land line number therefore it cannot receive textsHOW DO I CONTACT MICROSOFT TO...
  4. OW DO I CONTACT MICROSOFT TO CHANGE THE LINKED NUMBER TO MY PNONE NUMBER?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. could i get a phonr number to contact microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could i get a phonr number to contact microsoft: I renewed my subscription but do not have access to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-i-get-a-phonr-number-to-contact-microsoft/8ede03db-f72b-4243-8a1e-a2f2c25736d4
  6. could i get a phonr number to contact microsoft

could i get a phonr number to contact microsoft: I renewed my subscription but do not have access to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-i-get-a-phonr-number-to-contact-microsoft/8ede03db-f72b-4243-8a1e-a2f2c25736d4
  7. could i get a phonr number to contact microsoft

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Cannot delete incorrect contact

Cannot delete incorrect contact: In Outlook mail I click onNew Mail. In the To: box I type the first letter of the person I want to sendmail. A list of Recent People appears. The person I am interested in is showntwice. One address is correct the other is not. When I go to the Contactlist, I can find one...
  9. microsoft contact number that is recommended is it real

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    microsoft contact number that is recommended is it real: I wan to chat with someone over the phone here on the Microsoft website I get recommended to call the number ****. is this a real Microsoft number. I called and was connected to an Indian accent man who wanted to connect to my computer with so much scams going on and...
  10. how to change an incorrect phone number on Microsoft 'help'

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change an incorrect phone number on Microsoft 'help': how do I make a change to an incorrectly entered phone number on Microsoft help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-an-incorrect-phone-number-on/86f979bb-ccd1-45f8-84f8-c7a1514af6b6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account change phone number

2. microsoft account contact number

3. how do you change your phone number on a microsoft account

4. how do you change your phone number on your microsoft account,
  5. change phone number for microsoft account,
  6. i need to change my phone number on my microsoft account,
  7. phone number on microsoft account is wrong need to change,
  8. microsoft account cannot change mobile in contact info,
  9. microsoft account cannot change my info mobile number,
  10. how to change contact phone number in microsoft account under contact info,
  11. microsot account phone number si wrong,
  12. phone number on my Microsoft account is wrong ,
  13. microsoft account phone number change