Windows 10: Microsoft account corrupting Windows 10 user?

Discus and support Microsoft account corrupting Windows 10 user? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I find that my Windows 10 user profile linked to my Microsoft account opens on a black screen with just the cursor visible. Only happens first time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PF01CH, Sep 25, 2020.

1. PF01CH Win User

Microsoft account corrupting Windows 10 user?

I find that my Windows 10 user profile linked to my Microsoft account opens on a black screen with just the cursor visible. Only happens first time I log in that day and not every day. It also only seems to happen to my main profile - I've tested it on other profiles on the same PC and it hasn't happened to them some local profiles, one using a different MS account.

I can't find the cause but it keeps occurring even though I've deleted the user profile twice. Could it be my Microsoft account linked to the user profile that's causing the problem? If so, how would I fix that?

I think it started before linking it to my MS account but I'm not certain of the timings.

:)

PF01CH, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft account corrupting Windows 10 user? :(

Zakin, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft account corrupting Windows 10 user? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account corrupting

2. Corrupted Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Microsoft Account: NOT to be confused with a PC or local account. When I use my MS account to Install windows it locks up and refuses to use xbox OR MS Store. Created an entirely new ms account it everything works Fine. So, this must mean there's something wrong with the other ms account,...
  3. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted windows user account: HiI wanted to restart my computer operating systemso I've chosen the restart option in settings->recovery->restart, and I've chosen the option to delete my files, because I wanted clean system.After that I could not log into my user profile account which is named "navad" -...
  4. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted windows user account: HiI wanted to restart my computer operating systemso I've chosen the restart option in settings->recovery->restart, and I've chosen the option to delete my files, because I wanted clean system.After that I could not log into my user profile account which is named "navad" -...
  5. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem?: To Whom it May Concern, My family and I consist of 3 people my wife, my daughter and I. We have a family computer that my wife is the primary user. On this computer are 3 accounts My wife uses a local account, My daughter uses a microsoft account and myself uses a...
  7. User account corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account corrupted: After I login to my PC the taskbar doesn't seems to contain any apps. All I could see are few icons like documents. The start menu doesn't even start. When I clicked on the start menu it says there is a critical problem with my account and tells to log out. It further says...
  8. corrupt user profile/account

in Windows 10 Customization
    corrupt user profile/account: hi there: I like to know, when I go to clear temporary files, I freed up over 300MB of files for just using PPT. That is normal. Now, checking under accounts, it states under your family, we couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on your device might...
  9. Microsoft user account on Windows 10

Microsoft user account on Windows 10: Hi, I accidentally trnafered my local user account on Windows 10 and signed in to a Microsoft account instead , I have tried to remove the Microsoft account and go back to a local but there is no option to and the account is a child account and there is no option in the...
  10. Corrupted User Account?

Corrupted User Account?: Hi everyone. My first post here. I know enough about Windows to be dangerous, but not enough to solve this problem. I have only one user account on my laptop. Windows 10, 64 bit Asus UX305. My Pictures folder is now in my saved games folder, and I don't know why. A...