Windows 10: Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password

Discus and support Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After windows 10 upgrade and reinstall, my lenovo laptop doesn't open even with resetting of new and correct password. Evey time it says "incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ataladamodar, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password

After windows 10 upgrade and reinstall, my lenovo laptop doesn't open even with resetting of new and correct password. Evey time it says "incorrect password" ! Can any one pl help?

:)

ataladamodar, Sep 22, 2019

2. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Sep 22, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password

1. Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password - Similar Threads - Microsoft account doesn't

2. Issue with Resetting PC - Account Password Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Resetting PC - Account Password Not Accepted: Hello, I'm encountering a problem while attempting to reset my PC while keeping my files. I hope someone can help me resolve this issue. Here's the problem: When I initiate the reset process and choose the option to keep my files, the system prompts me to enter my account...
  3. Issue with Resetting PC - Account Password Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Resetting PC - Account Password Not Accepted: Hello, I'm encountering a problem while attempting to reset my PC while keeping my files. I hope someone can help me resolve this issue. Here's the problem: When I initiate the reset process and choose the option to keep my files, the system prompts me to enter my account...
  4. Issue with Resetting PC - Account Password Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  6. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  7. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. PC not Accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  9. Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing: I first got this problem after installing a game from the xbox app, loading it, and then seeing that it can't connect to my xbox account. Since this was strange, I tried logging into my microsoft account from the xbox app itself, which then gave me an error. The most...
  10. Not accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...