Windows 10: Microsoft Account for my daughter

Discus and support Microsoft Account for my daughter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently bought my daughter a new windows 10 laptop. setting up the laptop its asking me for a microsoft account. She has her school account which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christian Wallace, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account for my daughter

I've recently bought my daughter a new windows 10 laptop. setting up the laptop its asking me for a microsoft account. She has her school account which i beleive is linked to microsoft but it says its not a microsoft account. i don't want to sign in using my account in case this messes up her school account acccess. Can anyone advise on what i should do?

:)

Christian Wallace, Nov 22, 2020

2. Unable to add Pc to Microsoft account

You know, I am speaking about Microsoft family and I am trying to add my daughter’s account to my computer. I tried the steps that you have suggested but failed

Monroe Judge, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account for my daughter

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account for my daughter

1. Microsoft Account for my daughter - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account daughter

2. How to launch Roblox on my daughters PC account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to launch Roblox on my daughters PC account.: I have her as a member on my family safety. She is 9, I had her request roblox on the windows store app on her account. I received the email and approved it for her, but now she can't open it after I have approved it....
  3. My daughter's account controlled by a scammer and Microsoft replies they cannot fix.

My daughter's account controlled by a scammer and Microsoft replies they cannot fix.: My daughter's account is for some mysterious reasons now linked to an account we never heard of, likely a scammer. I contacted the Xbox/Microsoft team who understood the issue but replied they cannot remove my daughter's account from the "family organizer" account even though...
  4. How can I recover my daughters account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I recover my daughters account?: I am trying to add my daughters account to my family using her phone number. I can successfully send the code notification to her phone however when she is promoted to sign in it says the phone number is associated to a Microsoft account that is not hers. We cannot secure her...
  5. How can I recover my daughters account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover my daughters account?: I am trying to add my daughters account to my family using her phone number. I can successfully send the code notification to her phone however when she is promoted to sign in it says the phone number is associated to a Microsoft account that is not hers. We cannot secure her...
  6. How can I recover my daughters account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My daughters laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My daughters laptop: What’s is the point of Hp selling a laptop that doesn’t have enough storage to update windows 10. I have deleted everything not needed to run it has no pictures, videos , music, games ,apps it came with Microsoft office but had to delete to try make room for update. It...
  8. I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account: Hello, I accidentally bought Cuphead on my daughter's account instead of my own. I got it on my PC Windows 10. I tried to sign into my daughter's account on the Microsoft Store app but it would not work. It says the account does not exist. Could I either get a refund and...
  9. Cant access new family account of my daughter

Cant access new family account of my daughter: I just created an account for my daughter as a user on my pc and I can't login to the Outlook email for her I just created. It keeps saying the password is wrong and now account is locked and I can't recover anything because the recovery request keeps asking me for email...
  10. moving a game license from my account to my daughters

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    moving a game license from my account to my daughters: Hi, Is it possible to move a microsoft store game from my user account to my daughters? I have just installed a game (sea of thieves PC) and happened to use my own profile while installing it. So now the game is tied to my account instead of my daughters which is...