Windows 10: Microsoft Account for Network Credentials gives Incorrect Password

Discus and support Microsoft Account for Network Credentials gives Incorrect Password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop and a laptop with Windows 10, both with the latest updates. Neither of them have a local account; both are linked to my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elys_k, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Elys_k Win User

Microsoft Account for Network Credentials gives Incorrect Password

I have a desktop and a laptop with Windows 10, both with the latest updates. Neither of them have a local account; both are linked to my microsoft account. They both have the same file sharing settings where visibility and file sharing are turned on on private networks and they are both connected to the same network.

When I access my desktop's shared files via my laptop, I inputted my microsoft credentials and had no issues accessing my files. However, when I tried to access my laptop's shared files via my desktop, the very same microsoft account credentials were denied stating that the user name or password is incorrect. I connected my laptop to my desktop minutes before I tried the other way so there shouldn't be an issue.

I also double checked my microsoft account, and both devices are registered and 'Everything looks good'. I can also see my laptop listed under network in file explorer on both devices, where on the laptop itself, I can see the folders I've shared.

Please help me troubleshoot and get my desktop to connect to my laptop's shared files.

Edit:
    Things I've tried
    - Updated both computers to the latest updates
    - Identical file sharing settings
    - Restarting both computers
    - Reconnecting to the network
    - Manually inputting the userrname

:)

Elys_k, Feb 5, 2019

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account Password Incorrect!

Thanks for your reply.

Like I said in the post before, I did not set up two-step verification. After the hard reset, when the account did not sync due to 'incorrect password', I tried to set it up and then accessed the MS Account with the app password but it still declared the
    password incorrect. I immediately turned off two-step.

Need help,

Sucharita.

Sucharita De, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account for Network Credentials gives Incorrect Password - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Network

2. Incorrect default Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect default Microsoft account: When I select from windows 10 Settings, accounts the default email address/outlook account it links to is the wrong outlook account. How do I change it?...
  3. Microsoft credentials and email password confirmation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft credentials and email password confirmation: I have suddenly started to get requests to supply password for my microsoft account and email accounts over the last couple of days with no apparent change to any settings?...
  4. Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect: I'm trying to boot into SafeMode to run DDU and fresh install my graphics drivers. However, when booting into safemode with networking and at the login/password sign on, I'm blocked out on logging into windows. Windows tells me my password is incorrect. Trying my pin and also...
  5. "Incorrect" Windows network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Incorrect" Windows network credentials: Been trying to connect to another PC on the same Wi-Fi network. Had some issues regarding the PC not appearing in the Network tab in File Explorer, but managed to fix it by navigating to Services and setting both, Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery...
  6. Password incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password incorrect: I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect? What is the work around for this? 129595
  7. Password incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Password incorrect: I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect? What is the work around for this? 129595
  8. Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect: For the last couple of weeks I have been having the following issue: Whenever I try to sign in to my laptop (with my MS account) it says 'password incorrect'. I am 100% sure the password is correct and I have changed it already 2 times on my MS account to try and resolve...
  9. Incorrect password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect password: i just set up an outlook.com account in a new laptop. When i attemp to sign into the laptop i keep getting a message that my password is incorrect. I tried to reset it but i receive a message stating i need a usb flash drive to change it, which i do not have. Any suggestions?...
  10. The password is incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The password is incorrect: Ok so i jsut dod the netplwiz thing on my mum's computer and now i can't log in at all - gives the error as OP or this one: "the password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your microsoft account " with a link to reset. Will resetting oassword through that...