Windows 10: Microsoft account format ?

Discus and support Microsoft account format ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm curious as to whether people's Microsoft account logins are different from the conventional L: xxx@hotmail.com or L: xxxx@outlook.com for example... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Microsoft account format ?

I'm curious as to whether people's Microsoft account logins are different from the conventional L: xxx@hotmail.com or L: xxxx@outlook.com for example mine is completely different, L: xxxx@anotherisp.com

not sure why I've never had a Hotmail or outlook Microsoft account login. Think it stems from years ago when I had 'games for Windows' want me to setup an account to play and in confusion rather than create a hotmail one I used my ISP email as my user login ID . No issues at all and that's how it's stuck over the years and is what I use to login to Windows 10. Absolutely no side effects I can tell of but it got me wondering whether it was ok to be this way and if others work the same at all? There is no appetite to unravel it on my part or create a different Microsoft account to associate to my PC - given all the hassle etc but like I say it got me thinking

cheers,
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 23, 2016

2. "App has been blocked your protection"

I am using a microsoft account. Also i tried with a local account. Then I formatted my laptop. still no luck.

NavaneethShaji, Aug 23, 2016
  3. i am unable to use any app and settings content

Restart the phone. Sync your Microsoft account. Change region and regional format also set to English India as regional format.

Check time and date of your mobile.

MCCshreyas, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Microsoft account format ?

Well I use a typical L: email@live.com, but I am wondering, were you able to link your licence to your MS account?

TairikuOkami, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Yeah I have zero problems. License linked and Windows activated if that's what you mean. Obviously I don't get any emails via ms login as I source that through my ISP. But everything just works, I even have office 365 affiliated to my L: xxxx@anotherisp.com which installed and works fine as does things like onedrive.

Scottyboy99, Aug 23, 2016
  6. Guess it is fine. I found some info on MS site that says you can use any email address as your Microsoft account user login.

Scottyboy99, Aug 24, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    There is a difference between a Microsoft account and a Microsoft Email account. Creating a Microsoft email account automatically also creates you a Microsoft Account, but the same is not true in reverse.

You can use any email to create an MSA, which can be linked to a number of different services.

Mystere, Aug 24, 2016
  8. Microsoft account format ?

Yes, thank you. It just made me think whether if done things right. I never wanted the email features from MS as my ISP email address of 20 odd years is what I use and will continue to use for good.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft account format ?

1. Microsoft account format ? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account format

2. cant login Microsoft account after formatting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant login Microsoft account after formatting: Hi, im using a surface pro 6. i formatted my pc cause i wanted to downgrade from windows 11 to 10 since it was lagging my pc. but after it was done formatting i couldnt log in like how new pc normally would. i never heard of this Welcome to PARED Limited. i already tried my...
  3. cant login Microsoft account after formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant login Microsoft account after formatting: Hi, im using a surface pro 6. i formatted my pc cause i wanted to downgrade from windows 11 to 10 since it was lagging my pc. but after it was done formatting i couldnt log in like how new pc normally would. i never heard of this Welcome to PARED Limited. i already tried my...
  4. cant login Microsoft account after formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to unlink device from Microsoft Account due to device formatted.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to unlink device from Microsoft Account due to device formatted.: As mention in title, may i know if there's any solution to this issue?Thank you very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-unlink-device-from-microsoft-account-due/88b9be6b-2ea4-4de6-80b4-7fc26c18735d
  6. Unable to unlink device from Microsoft Account due to device formatted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unlink device from Microsoft Account due to device formatted.: As mention in title, may i know if there's any solution to this issue?Thank you very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-unlink-device-from-microsoft-account-due/88b9be6b-2ea4-4de6-80b4-7fc26c18735d
  7. Unable to unlink device from Microsoft Account due to device formatted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Fresh format - sign in vs username, microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh format - sign in vs username, microsoft account: So, I am formatting my laptop, and I noticed with this installation, my user name is my RL first name. In a previous installation, using my same Microsoft account login, it was my nickname, Nanda. How do I sign in with my microsoft account without it displaying my real...
  9. MIX format Microsoft files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MIX format Microsoft files: Has Microsoft created a solution to the problem of not supporting their own MIX files leaving all those scanned and created pictures unopenable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mix-format-microsoft-files/646d84c2-c6b7-4119-93b9-443a9062f17e"
  10. standard user account and drive formatting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    standard user account and drive formatting: In Windows 10 Pro is there a way to prevent a user without administrator privileges using a standard account from being able to format a usb drive? "Perform volume maintenance tasks" is set for Administrators (Group Policy), which must be the default, but that does not...