Windows 10: Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed

Discus and support Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Note - This is a new account I created using the same email that used to be attached to the old account.About a month ago my Microsoft account was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrew Sloss, May 29, 2023.

1. Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed

Note - This is a new account I created using the same email that used to be attached to the old account.About a month ago my Microsoft account was hacked and all the information was changed. I contacted Microsoft support and they told me that they found unauthorized access to my account but because my security information was changed they can't give me back the account they can only suspend it.The new email on the hacked account uses a Chinese email provider domain name: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, my laptop is still logged into the account under the accounts tab in settings. Should I log out of

:)

Andrew Sloss, May 29, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, May 29, 2023
  3. tmm1225 Win User
    Microsoft Account was hacked

Thank you but they did not change my password and I think I know who hacked into my account. My two step verification was not turned off. I even had to use the two step process a week or so before he hacked my account. He has top secret security clearance
    and it seems is allowed to do anything. I just need to tell someone about this I guess.

tmm1225, May 29, 2023
  4. Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed

Steam Account Hacked

Again...

I sent a ticket I just hope they resolve it soon cause I really want to play Portal 2.

And I don't want him getting me banned.

But the scary thing is they hacked my Email account too!

I've changed the password but is that enough?

I scanned my Computer using malware and it got rid of 9 Nasty objects! Its been months since I did a scan and now I'm thinking this is how they got me.

Is a password change and malware scan removal enough to secure me? I made the password much harder than before.

Thinking about doing a reformat as well. Suggestions? Should I leave the hacked email account and make a new one?

AphexDreamer, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed

1. Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Hacked

2. Microsoft account hacked and details changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and details changed: My Microsoft account was hacked and the email and password have been changed. I have tried filling out the recovery form, however it says that the account tagged to my original email does not exist anymore as the email had been changed by the hacker. I mostly used the account...
  3. Microsoft account hacked and details changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account hacked and details changed: My Microsoft account was hacked and the email and password have been changed. I have tried filling out the recovery form, however it says that the account tagged to my original email does not exist anymore as the email had been changed by the hacker. I mostly used the account...
  4. Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed: Note - This is a new account I created using the same email that used to be attached to the old account.About a month ago my Microsoft account was hacked and all the information was changed. I contacted Microsoft support and they told me that they found unauthorized access to...
  5. Security Information Deleted from Microsoft Account

Security Information Deleted from Microsoft Account: Microsoft Support Team,I am reaching out to you because I recently discovered that my security information has been deleted from my Microsoft account. As a result, I am concerned that my account may be at risk of unauthorized access and would like your assistance in reviewing...
  6. Security Information Deleted from Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Information Deleted from Microsoft Account: Microsoft Support Team,I am reaching out to you because I recently discovered that my security information has been deleted from my Microsoft account. As a result, I am concerned that my account may be at risk of unauthorized access and would like your assistance in reviewing...
  7. Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed: Almost a year ago my microsoft account had the email changed and I have tried absolutely everything to recover it with no luck. Using the account recovery form will not work since the email was changed and when I enter my email, it says there is no account with that email....
  8. Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed

Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed: Almost a year ago my microsoft account had the email changed and I have tried absolutely everything to recover it with no luck. Using the account recovery form will not work since the email was changed and when I enter my email, it says there is no account with that email....
  9. Account was hacked with all security information changed

Account was hacked with all security information changed: As the subject suggests, one of my Microsoft accounts was hacked and I can't recover it because the person who did it replaced all the security information. I hadn't used the account in a few months, so I didn't check for any security alerts Microsoft sent, of which there...
  10. Microsoft account and private information has been hacked

Microsoft account and private information has been hacked: Hi, Microsoft account team; I have a security issue will my Microsoft account, and I am scared with it be a hacking issue or something. Recently, my account and my computer is asking me to log in the account in different software several times, and most of them showing...