Windows 10: Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset.

Discus and support Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my SSD had been corrupted so I reset the computer and when I logged into windows all of my accounts are new have nothing on them and it is like I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by willCullen, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset.

my SSD had been corrupted so I reset the computer and when I logged into windows all of my accounts are new have nothing on them and it is like I have never used them before.

:)

willCullen, Dec 31, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset.

How to Reset & Recover Microsoft Account

This Forum article walks you through the account password reset, account recovery process, and offers tips and tricks to help get you into your account as quickly as possible.

A Microsoft
    account (formerly knowns as Windows Live ID) is what you use to sign in to
    Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your experiences on devices and services more personal and relevant
    to you.

Watch the Instructional Video on the step by step password reset & recovery

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE1ZRwx

Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset. 04bdf669-13b1-4c11-8171-31ac39db2c5c.jpg

Password Reset

If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it. First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you're
    sure you're using the right password but still can't sign in, you may need to reset your Microsoft Account password

To reset your password:

1. Go to the Reset your password page -
      Reset your password
    2. The short video provides step by step guide on how to reset your Microsoft Account Password
    3. To learn more on how you can protect your Microsoft Account, visit
      How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure

Account Recovery

If resetting your Microsoft Account password does not work, you may still recover your account by answering the Recovery Form.
    The account recovery form is meant to be the last option to get you back into your account. the recovery form gives you a chance to prove that you own your account.

Fill out Recovery Form

1. Go to https://account.live.com/acsr
    2. Enter a working email address that we can use to contact you about your account recovery
    3. The short video provides step by step guide on how to recover your Microsoft Account through ACSR
    4. To lean more on Recovering Microsoft Account, please visit
      https://aka.ms/MSArecovery

Note:

The account recovery form works by asking questions about your account that only you could answer. Then, we review your answers and respond within 24 hours with either instructions to get back in to your account or a denial. Keep
    these tips in mind to help you succeed:

• Use a computer we’ll recognize. If possible, fill out the form on a computer that you’ve used to sign in to your account before.
    • Answer as many questions as possible. Not all the questions will apply to you, and that's ok. Don't worry if you don't have an answer. But it's better to guess and be close than to leave a question blank.
    • Give us a working email to contact you. We won't use this email address for spam, only to give you the results of your recovery request. You can even use a friend's account, or create a free temporary email.
    • If you have two-step verification turned on for your account, the recovery form won’t work. When you turn on two-step verification, we promise not to let anyone sign in without two forms of identification, no matter how much information
      they know about your account. Visit this page to learn more about two step verification

PaulSey..., Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset.

1. Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account has

2. how to reset a computer after It's already been reset and is still in the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to reset a computer after It's already been reset and is still in the login screen: I have just wiped my laptop and it says i have to use a work or school account to sign in and i need to do a fresh install of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-a-computer-after-its-already-been/b1502c85-5330-408c-be5c-5707875dc2b0
  3. how to reset a computer after It's already been reset and is still in the login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset a computer after It's already been reset and is still in the login screen: I have just wiped my laptop and it says i have to use a work or school account to sign in and i need to do a fresh install of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-a-computer-after-its-already-been/b1502c85-5330-408c-be5c-5707875dc2b0
  4. how to reset a computer after It's already been reset and is still in the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset: My mom's apartment experienced an electrical outage that affected the TV and the All-in-one ASUS computer with Windows 10 and 4G RAM on restart. After restarting, I can only reset the computer which needed the actual Microsoft Account password and not the PIN to authorize the...
  6. Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset: My mom's apartment experienced an electrical outage that affected the TV and the All-in-one ASUS computer with Windows 10 and 4G RAM on restart. After restarting, I can only reset the computer which needed the actual Microsoft Account password and not the PIN to authorize the...
  7. Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Drive has been locked with Bitlocker after Windows Reset Bit Locker / Microsoft account has...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive has been locked with Bitlocker after Windows Reset Bit Locker / Microsoft account has...: Dear Microsoft, I have Pre-Installed Windows 10 Home Edition in Dell Laptop. Due to some performance issue, I have done Windows Reset which done successfully & work fine. After that, 1 DriveF Drive has been lock out of 3 Drive C Drive – D Drive -E Drive. By clicking it...
  9. Account sign in after computer reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account sign in after computer reset: So I had to reset my pc. After reseting and set up, it of course asked to log in with your Microsoft account. Upon trying it said my account did not exist and gave option to create one, which I did. However I made a typo and not realizing it completely set up the computer,...
  10. reset microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset microsoft account: I need to reset Microsoft account due to forgotten password, and e mail address is no longer in use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-microsoft-account/66f9230e-1403-4a93-a758-aa425fa121ac