Windows 10: Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license

Discus and support Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How can I describe this!!!! My Win10 Pro is up to date and fully functional except some LAN private network issues. Of the four devices on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidKelly8, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license

How can I describe this!!!!

My Win10 Pro is up to date and fully functional except some LAN private network issues. Of the four devices on my Microsoft Account, this one shows "Windows is not up to date", "Status Unknown", bitlocker OFF when for a specific folder it is ON.

It verifies that I have v1909, the same build number as my other devices.

Somehow Windows does not have correct registration link for this PC.

I have two Microsoft Accounts. I bought Win10 Pro on the original Family account, and subsequently created a second account for me. I had Microsoft Support make the necessary switch to the new account which is an outlook.com account. Since then I have replaced the motherboard, uninstalled Windows from the junked board, reinstalled to the new system, and had it activated through Microsoft Support.

I think there is some trailing script that has not been properly switched to this upgraded machine.

Entry level support does not even understand the question, let alone know how to fix it!

:)

DavidKelly8, Dec 19, 2019
  2. kimsngdo Win User

How to re-add computer (Device) to Microsoft Account?

It "should" add my device but it's not. When I click on Manage my Microsoft Account it brings me to my account.microsoft.com page and when I scroll down there are no devices listed.

Do I need to have my device listed? I just don't want the $200 Win10Pro license I just bought on this device to go invalid because the associated device is not linked to my account.

kimsngdo, Dec 19, 2019
  3. HELP! Help Me Me Regain My Win10Pro Digital License Linked To My Microsoft Account

I had a Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft ID. I was using it in a Asus Desktop.

A week ago, I sold my desktop. I reset the OS as I thought it was sufficient enough but forgot to remove it from my linked devices. The person who bought it switched it on, and logged into
    the reset OS with his Microsoft ID and went through the registration process. Now, it is showing that he has digital license linked to his
    Microsoft ID, even though he never had a digital license prior to buying this desktop from me.

In the meantime, I bought a laptop and installed
    Win10Pro. When I tried to reactivate my digital license, it says I don’t have a digital license attached to my Microsoft ID. Does it mean that the my digital license got
    transferred to the new owner of my desktop? What should I do? What is the way to get back my digital license of my Win10Pro ? Please note that I have currently removed my old desktop from my list of linked devices. It no longer shows
    in my devices section.

Also I have a Windows 7 Home Basic retail copy and a Windows 8 Pro digital license. Will these be of any use to regain my digital license for Win10Pro ? Please help. I am
    devastated now. I wanted to sell my desktop alone, not my Win10Pro digital license too with it. Already I sold the desktop for a very low price. If my Win10Pro license also
    disappears with it, I am screwed.

Hugely appreciate your inputs.

Note: Problem Solved.

prmbasheer, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license

How to unlink Windows 10 license Key from my Microsoft Account

Hi Logan,

Removing your laptop from the list of devices on your Microsoft account will not affect the pre-installed Windows 10 license key. The license key is not associated with your Microsoft account, it is associated with the laptop.

Regards.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license

1. Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account has

2. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...: Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your MSA with your digital license, that will be your MSA containing the digital license....
  3. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...: Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your MSA with your digital license, that will be your MSA containing the digital license....
  4. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong license linked with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong license linked with account: I have a digital license of Windows 10 Pro which was later upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. Unfotunatly my PC died. I purchase a new PC with preinstalled Windows 11 Home. Now I am trying to reuse my own Windows 10 / 11 Pro license. I have clean installed both Windows 10 & and...
  6. Wrong license linked with account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong license linked with account: I have a digital license of Windows 10 Pro which was later upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. Unfotunatly my PC died. I purchase a new PC with preinstalled Windows 11 Home. Now I am trying to reuse my own Windows 10 / 11 Pro license. I have clean installed both Windows 10 & and...
  7. Wrong license linked with account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Windows 10 Your Info is associated with the wrong microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Your Info is associated with the wrong microsoft account: My windows 10 was installed and setup without a Microsoft account. Yesterday I logged my son into Xbox game pass from my PC with his Microsoft account. Now his Microsoft account is associated with the default login on my PC. How can I remove his account?If I go to Settings->...
  9. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account is associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. The local account is mine and contains all my applications, settings, preferences and hours of customisation. This association was formed without my consent simply...
  10. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account appears to be associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. This results in : 1 my son's email address appearing under "Your Info" 2 my PC being subject to my son's screen time via "Family" settings. Under...