Windows 10: Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't...

Discus and support Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've just realized that I've been running as an administrator for my computer for a long time now and I would like to switch to a standard user however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlvinTN, Sep 6, 2020.

1. AlvinTN Win User

Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't...

I've just realized that I've been running as an administrator for my computer for a long time now and I would like to switch to a standard user however because I'm signed in with a Microsoft account and not a local account, I'm unable to create a new user as my standard user login. I'm just trying to get off admin but my account is already signed in.

:)

AlvinTN, Sep 6, 2020

2. sign in a user admin Microsoft account

Hello,

When you add an account on your PC in Windows, it will be a standard user account by default. As an initial troubleshooting step, we need to make sure if the changes you made is applied. Here's how to
    determine Account Type of users in User Accounts:

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able do this option. You can use the same account you use to changed the account type of the other user account.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the User Accounts icon.
    2. Click/tap on the Manage another account link.
    3. Look under the user name in each box with the user's account picture.
    • If you see Administrator under the user name, then the account is an administrator.
    • If you don't see Administrator under the user name, then the account is a standard user.

Let me know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't...

Standard user account created shows Administrator on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you logging in using a Microsoft account on any of the created two user accounts?
    • Have you created 2 local account with administrative privileges on the computer?

Please be informed that Local user account as well as
    Microsoft user account
    can be considered as Standard user account. A
    Standard user account is the user account which do not have any administrative privileges.

It is possible to create two or more accounts with administrative privileges on computers running with Windows 10 operating system.

If you want to convert one of the user account as a standard account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel in the search box and select the top most search result.
    • Select User Accounts and click on Change account type
      from the window.
    • Click on the user account and select Change the Account type option.
    • Select Standard and click on Change account type
      button from the window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't...

1. Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account signed

2. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  3. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  4. Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account: I am not able to convert a standard user account into an administrative account due to which I'm not able to make changes in apps etc. Please help....
  5. Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account: I am not able to convert a standard user account into an administrative account due to which I'm not able to make changes in apps etc. Please help....
  6. Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I am unable to switch my user account from standard to administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable to switch my user account from standard to administrator: I recently bought my laptop. I only had one administrator account at that moment. Later I switched that account to standard and it asked me to restart my laptop. Now I am unable to install many apps as they require to make changes in the laptop. So, I tried to change my...
  8. Microsoft Account vs. my PC'sc User Administrator Account. Can't sign into Microsoft in...

Microsoft Account vs. my PC'sc User Administrator Account. Can't sign into Microsoft in...: Hope this makes sense. My PC's User Administrator Account is the same account (email address & password) as my Microsoft Account. Therefore when I go to Settings>Accounts>Your Info: At the top, it reads My Username (minus the @gmail.com. Under that Local Account & under...
  9. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  10. Changing a user account from standard to administration

Changing a user account from standard to administration: Yesterday as I was going through my laptop I happened to change my user account from administrator to standard and now i cant reverse it back to admin as it does not allow me to make the change. Please i really need help as i cannot install anything on my laptop....