Windows 10: Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -...

Discus and support Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried to use the Windows Update to scan for security updates to my computer. Something odd has happened.I briefly get an available windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulKruest, May 10, 2021.

1. Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -...

I have tried to use the Windows Update to scan for security updates to my computer. Something odd has happened.I briefly get an available windows update called "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.339.368.0", however after a split second it disappears and my machine is telling me that my "You're up to date".I am concerned because I believe I believe I have recently been the victim of a Remote Access Tool on my computer. I ran a system restore point and ran Malaware Bytes to try and remove, but this did not remove it. Since then I've

:)

PaulKruest, May 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -... :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, May 10, 2021
  3. flemmingk Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, May 10, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -... :(

Zakin, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -...

1. Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account telling

2. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device: I keep on getting a "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.27.0.0"Also, I ran a windows update troubleshooter and it would say...
  3. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.: I keep on getting "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.13.0.0"I have tried restarting my laptop but it keeps on showing me that...
  4. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.: I keep on getting "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.13.0.0"I have tried restarting my laptop but it keeps on showing me that...
  5. Window is not up to date microsoft device account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window is not up to date microsoft device account: I noticed, window is not up to date on Microsoft account though i don't see any pending installations. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-is-not-up-to-date-microsoft-device-account/8a6d17e8-9d0e-4ba8-b6df-893a12244981
  6. Why my Microsoft Account is showing "windows is not up to date" ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my Microsoft Account is showing "windows is not up to date" ?: My Microsoft account is showing that windows is not up to date. Why so?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-microsoft-account-is-showing-windows-is-not/b90c3964-625c-4686-83db-e37c46f7b9d2
  7. Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account: Every couple of days for the last few months Windows 10 Defender has been telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I open the defender window and click on account protection it asks me to enter my computer PIN, and after I do the "problem" goes away....
  8. MS is telling me my Windows is out of date

in Windows 10 Support
    MS is telling me my Windows is out of date: I am running 1803 (OS Build 17134.228). When I go to the Windows Store it tells me I am not up to date. The link tells me the following. I thought I was up to date. Why is Microsoft telling me I am not? And more importantly what problems will I have because it thinks I am...
  9. Win.Updates telling me "Device is up-to-date" with Ver.1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win.Updates telling me "Device is up-to-date" with Ver.1607: I am running windows 10 and last week I had a major update, now ver.1703 Build 15063.332 My wife has her own laptop running Windows 10 and still has ver.1607 build 14393.1198 When manually checking for updates it said: "Your device is up to date" Q: Why is my wife's...
  10. windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240: windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240 Cant see this is correct [img] 33960