Windows 10: Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update

Discus and support Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was setting up my new PC. On installing Windows 10 it asked if I wanted to create a pin, I did because it seemed easy. Restarted, used the pin to log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zach Givler, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update

I was setting up my new PC. On installing Windows 10 it asked if I wanted to create a pin, I did because it seemed easy. Restarted, used the pin to log in, everything worked great. I updated the BIOS. On restart I get a message when I try to sign into my account "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again." I try to set up my pin and it asks me for my password to my microsoft account. I login fine, but my alternate email is outdated so I changed it to my current alternate email. I completed the email verification but

:)

zach Givler, Jul 24, 2022
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 24, 2022
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 24, 2022
  4. Addie Win User

Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jul 24, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update

1. Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Locked

2. Locked out of Windows 10 after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Windows 10 after BIOS update: My HP Envy 17 laptop did a BIOS update, and afterwards, Windows no longer remembered my facial recognition, nor my PIN for signing into Windows 10. I tried signing in using "password entry" but it does not recognize my Microsoft account password.I tried doing a...
  3. After BIOS update windows locked in PIN setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After BIOS update windows locked in PIN setup: I updated hp BIOS and now it prompts to set up new PIN. My phone number was changed 1 year ago and though I updated the phone number in my Microsoft account it keeps sending security number info to my old phone number. I requested a change in security info to include an...
  4. After BIOS update windows locked in PIN setup

After BIOS update windows locked in PIN setup: I updated hp BIOS and now it prompts to set up new PIN. My phone number was changed 1 year ago and though I updated the phone number in my Microsoft account it keeps sending security number info to my old phone number. I requested a change in security info to include an...
  5. Computer locks up or freezes after bios update

Computer locks up or freezes after bios update: The bios was out of date on my Gigabyte z490 UD AC, it was working fairly well with the F5 bios version. and after successfully flashing it within bios with the newer F21 bios I am getting very consistent crashing during gaming sessions. Not sure if its a heating thing, or a...
  6. Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update: I was setting up my new PC. On installing Windows 10 it asked if I wanted to create a pin, I did because it seemed easy. Restarted, used the pin to log in, everything worked great. I updated the BIOS. On restart I get a message when I try to sign into my account "your pin is...
  7. Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update

Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update: I was setting up my new PC. On installing Windows 10 it asked if I wanted to create a pin, I did because it seemed easy. Restarted, used the pin to log in, everything worked great. I updated the BIOS. On restart I get a message when I try to sign into my account "your pin is...
  8. Microsoft Account Locked after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Locked after BIOS Update: Recently I received a BIOS update notice for my laptop I use a ASUS Tuff Laptop after restarting and I decided to update my BIOS. After doing this, I tried to log into my Laptop but for some reason there was no longer an option to type in my Pin and instead, there was a...
  9. BitLocker locked my drive after a BIOS update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker locked my drive after a BIOS update: HP updated BIOS which turned on BitLocker and locked and encrypted my drive. I never set up BitLocker so I don't have the key or a password. It is not saved in my Microsoft account since I never set it up. BestBuy set up my laptop and transferred files from my old computer...
  10. Locked out of account after August 30 Microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of account after August 30 Microsoft update.: I share a computer with my husband. After the update his account still works, but mine doesn't. I thought I was the Administrator. From the login screen, I enter the password, it spins for a minute and comes right back to login screen. I get on his, check the task manager,...