Windows 10: Microsoft Account logged in via Edge / Bing. Included full address.

Discus and support Microsoft Account logged in via Edge / Bing. Included full address. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was checking my login history of my Microsoft account a few days ago and noticed something very odd. In the listing one of the entries noted that it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Aleforge, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Aleforge Win User

Microsoft Account logged in via Edge / Bing. Included full address.

I was checking my login history of my Microsoft account a few days ago and noticed something very odd. In the listing one of the entries noted that it was logged into via Edge and included a full address provided by Bing. We are talking even the house number. The house is located about 15 miles away.

My question is how accurate is this log? Is there anyway that it could be an error or do I now have the exact address of the person who accessed my account?

Thanks for the help!

:)

Aleforge, Dec 17, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account logged in via Edge / Bing. Included full address.

Remove Bing from Microsoft Edge

Hi Bonnie,

Bing is design to work with Microsoft Edge and cannot be removed. Do you just want to change the default search engine used on Microsoft Edge? If yes, follow the steps below on how to change the default search engine on Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the "..." icon at the upper right hand of the window and select
      Settings.
    • Select View advanced settings.
    • Select Change search engine.
    • Select a different search engine and Set as default.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account logged in via Edge / Bing. Included full address.

1. Microsoft Account logged in via Edge / Bing. Included full address. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account logged

2. Full stops in email addresses in account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full stops in email addresses in account: Does Microsoft accept but ignore full stops in email addresses in a Microsoft account? For example does Microsoft treat these two email addresses as the same?*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@outlook.comThanks...
  3. Full stops in email addresses in account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full stops in email addresses in account: Does Microsoft accept but ignore full stops in email addresses in a Microsoft account? For example does Microsoft treat these two email addresses as the same?*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@outlook.comThanks...
  4. Full stops in email addresses in account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New shopping features for Microsoft Edge and Bing

in Windows 10 News
    New shopping features for Microsoft Edge and Bing: The end of the year is almost here and for me itâ&#128;&#153;s a time to reflect on everything our team has accomplished, celebrate successes and prepare for the year ahead. We launched the new Microsoft Edge last January and since that time weâ&#128;&#153;ve come a long way...
  6. Packagetracker.pro - via Microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Packagetracker.pro - via Microsoft edge: Hello - is anyone familiar with this issue I'm having? Packagetracker.pro - via Microsoft edge. I keep getting pop ups. I clicked on a box after ordering something for Christmas... and it downloaded and has slowed down my computer and keeps popping up ads and saying to invest...
  7. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing: The browser and search engine for business [ATTACH] In our mission to empower people with knowledge with Microsoft 365, one critical opportunity is the internet. We know that 60% of the time people spend on the PC is within the web browser, and it has become the primary...
  8. Microsoft edge not logging on

Microsoft edge not logging on: My Microsoft edge doesn't work after this last update. cannot login and says my internet is not working but i can get online with chrome....
  9. Microsoft Edge/Bing

Microsoft Edge/Bing: How do I permanently turn these off? I've got all my settings to "off," yet it keeps popping open. I'd like to get rid of it permanently, but it doesn't want to let me, so turning it off permanently will be the next best thing....
  10. Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

in Browsers and Email
    Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.: Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing. I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google. I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of Pages shows Custom with Google below that. I then went to More Options, Settings, Advanced Settings, Search In The Address Bar...